• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movies that are better than the Book

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
Came up in the JP thread, and rather than clutter up that thread, thought it's be an interesting discussion.

For me, the list begins and ends with Last of the Mohicans.

51MR8ZF9S3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

living through "winning with the match up zone" was far more horrifying that the book.

I thought Hunt for Red October was a better movie than it was a book.

Fight Club. Debatable for some, but I prefer the movie's alterations of the story and ending.

Three I can think of:

Dr. Strangelove
Jackie Brown
The Godfather

The Graduate easily.

And I'd say The Princess Bride was about on par. I loved the book and when I heard it was going to be made into a movie I thought there was no way they could pull that off adequately. But Reiner did a brilliant job, and that casting ensemble was 1 of the best ever. I prolly quote The Princess Bride more than any other movie and refer to my nephew's girlfriend Wesley as the Dread Pirate Wesley.

Fight Club. Debatable for some, but I prefer the movie's alterations of the story and ending.

What I came here to post. Chuck agrees, too. I think if he'd written the book later in his career it would have been better but you can tell he doesn't quite have it worked out quite yet.

Showgirls.

The "I got towels!!!" line was much better on the big screen.

Back