• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movies that are better than the Book

The World According to Garp?

Miley-haha-no.gif

(not a movie) Band of Brothers

Its a great book, but damn they nailed it on the small screen.

Good thread, USUALLY movies are worse than books but great examples so far I think. So many times I am disappointed by movies based on books.

Lord of the Rings is really really well done, its a classic book too, maybe that's a wash?

My initial reaction was No Country for Old Men, bc I thought the movie was very well done and well acted, but I changed my mind. The book was badass.

First my serious response:

The Godfather

(Although the book is worth reading for character depth, especially with Sonny and Johnny Fontaine).

am I the only one who thought this thread about a horrible movie called "the book" where people would post pictures of other horrible movies?

My initial reaction, without putting much thought into it, is 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's no disrespect to the book, which I think is great, I just think the movie is greater.

I'm not saying the movie isn't good or that Kubrick isn't but that book is definitely better than the movie.

I'm not saying the book isn't good, but the film is considered a classic and one the greatest horror films in history. I don't think the book is held in that high of regard.

I'm not saying the book isn't good, but the film is considered a classic and one the greatest horror films in history. I don't think the book is held in that high of regard.

Meh, horror movies for me just aren't as scary as horror books. Power of the imagination and whatnot. Maybe it was just the time in not life or whatever but you will never convince me the book isn't better

Back