• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Mckie's Dilemma

Wake posted this 5 days ago and I'm just now seeing it. Not sure when it was recorded. I'm pulling for Travis and hope he has a good rest of the season.

Angus, can you explain to me how the BOT made such a poor decision that was immediately panned by the rank and file?

It's amazing how much our BOT members have accomplished despite being such bumbling incompetent morons.

Just imagine how successful they could have become if posters on this board had mentored them earlier in life!!!

Being yes men/women for the President and the AD is not much of an accomplishment.

What decision?

My bad. Decisions. Plural.

The decision to allow Wellman to hire [Redacted].
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a second year.
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a third year.
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a fourth year.

Angus, can you explain to me how the BOT made such a poor decision that was immediately panned by the rank and file?

What decision?

My bad. Decisions. Plural.

The decision to allow Wellman to hire [Redacted].
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a second year.
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a third year.
The decision to allow Wellman to give [Redacted] a fourth year.

And don't forget the decision to hire a crook to oversee the Athletic Department's finances.

Then of course there are the numerous decisions to ignore the lies etc coming from the AD.

Oh! And the decision to not hold Wellman accountable for the record breaking overall poor performance of the Athletic Department for the last four years.

Being yes men/women for the President and the AD is not much of an accomplishment.

Agreed. What exactly did Wake accomplish with Hatch, Wellman, and the current board under Flow Automotive's guidance that's so impressive to Angus?

Say what you will about Thomas K. Hearn but he would never have let Wake athletics reach this sorry state of affairs. At the end of the day, the sitting president can't turn a blind eye to athletics and neither can the BOT. I understand the focus and energy spent on Wake Will... and that is more important than the athletic program in and of itself, but you can't completely ignore athletics. Yet that is what is seemingly happening and I think there should be an accounting.

It's hard to imagine that a university that ignores athletics to this extent is on top of the rest of the university. But money can cover up ineptitude.

Say what you will about Thomas K. Hearn but he would never have let Wake athletics reach this sorry state of affairs. At the end of the day, the sitting president can't turn a blind eye to athletics and neither can the BOT. I understand the focus and energy spent on Wake Will... and that is more important than the athletic program in and of itself, but you can't completely ignore athletics. Yet that is what is seemingly happening and I think there should be an accounting.

Hatch took over as president in late 2005. I think you can draw some correlation between his leadership with the downturn in the athletic program.

It's hard to imagine that a university that ignores athletics to this extent is on top of the rest of the university. But money can cover up ineptitude.

News flash to WFU--the money spigot for higher education ain't what it used to be.

Yep. And undergraduate education isn't what it used to be. It's tough to ask people to pay $60K for a bachelor's that means less and less in the job market every year. More and more Wake grads are going to find themselves in grad/prof programs with public school grads who paid far less to get to the same place.

Travis doesn't look like he tries as hard as his teammates. Whatever the reason for that, it's translating into mediocre performance

Travis doesn't look like he tries as hard as his teammates. Whatever the reason for that, it's translating into mediocre performance

I think mediocre is an overstatement. Piss poor is more accurate. But I've shit on this kid enough already this season.

I meant to say this earlier but Travis is the second best offensive player on our team this year behind Coron based on offensive rating.

Travis is just trolling the fuck out of this board.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Back