• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: Price Getting Pushed

No, not at all. Thompson is a big kid and an excellent athlete. I just hope that he is given a fair chance to compete for playing time. Coaches are under the gun to play the kids that have scholarships. That places walk-ons at a distinct disadvantage. Thompson will have to do more than the others in order to see substantial minutes on the field.

It only bothers me that somewhere talent has been misidentified.

Patrick was recruited as a linebacker ot tight end and as far as I can remember, he is on scholarship.

I don't think it's a tossup at all for who will start. Price is the best QB on the team still and I don't really think it's that close. It's good that he's getting competition just so everybody gets better, but Price is going to be the starter barring injury for every game next year.

I mean the title of the article and the actual article seem mismatched. The article pretty much says that Tanner is the man and it would take an injury for him not to be.

I don't think it's a tossup at all for who will start. Price is the best QB on the team still and I don't really think it's that close. It's good that he's getting competition just so everybody gets better, but Price is going to be the starter barring injury for every game next year.

I'd agree Price will be the starter but IF we're really going to run him, he won't last long. He's not a runner nor does he strike me as durable when hit.

I wish there was a gif of Price avoiding that hit at NCST

next year it really is a toss up for the starting spot.. i really think tanner will start this year, i dont see what would stop that unless injury or he somehow got worse.. but next year will be really interesting to see who is going to step up

I've got my $$$ on Sousa

Skip and I both think you got to be able to throw effectively the deep ball down field.

I can only think of three receptions in his three years that Tanner has hit a man long, one of which they forgot to defend. I am not at all confident that is on Tanner. If Lobo ever gets a productive offensive line on the field we might find out whether Tanner can throw the long ball effectively.

is sure hope he will start.. he has the best tools to be a winning qb.. teams like a mobile qb.. you can teach a guy how to throw.. you cant teach him to run a 4.6 40.. just a raw athlete

Agree. Predictions on Sousa coming out of high school are lining up. It was believed that Tanner was the man and after graduation Sousa would have his shot. On top of that, it was understood that he had plenty of developing to do and probably needed these three years to develop (also hearing nothing but good things from Grobe and others).

Agree. Predictions on Sousa coming out of high school are lining up. It was believed that Tanner was the man and after graduation Sousa would have his shot. On top of that, it was understood that he had plenty of developing to do and probably needed these three years to develop (also hearing nothing but good things from Grobe and others).

ya and good thing he was redshirted so next year he will only be a sophmore.. 3 years of possible starting

I've got my $$$ on Sousa

A year ahead of Cameron and basically on the same level maybe a little behind. My money is on Cameron all day. A 3 year starter over a two year starter.

Back