• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!

First round game against KU.
Second round game against Villanova/USC loser.
Third round battle for last place depending on if we beat Nova/USC.

Either way, 1-2. I think we probably pick up a win somewhere in there, but not against KU.

If we go 2-1 in this one I'll let some optimism creep into my psyche. I'd probably regret it later.

I think we go 1-2. Lose to Kansas, probably beat USC, lose to whoever we play in the 5th place game

Furman was the only team we played last year as bad as Presby and The Citadel. We beat Furman by 24 last year and beat Presby by 21 and Citadel by 28 this year.

Last year we beat Radford (299) opening game by 11 and this year Colgate (261) by 11.

We beat UNC Greensboro (288) on the road by 14 last year.

This year we beat Jacksonville (254) at home by 7. Last year we beat W&M (214) at home by 6 and HP (221) by 11.

The VMI win was impressive. The rest are pretty much comparable to how we performed last year against bad teams.

Are we better than 2 or 3 years ago when we were a sub 200 club? Sure. So what?

if wellman did that i would consider being #WellmanIn. probably not for long though.

I'd be happy and content that Buzz was gone, but I'd still be upset for Wellman for spending $2 million on something that should cost about $2000.

The current combined record of the 8 terms in the Paradise Jam is: 28-3. The only team in the field not in KenPom's top 100 is USC (118). Kansas is #3, Villanova #15, Iowa #18, Xavier #35, Tenn #40, UTEP is #78. Really deep and solid field. A 2-1 record would be meaningful.

People are picking a [Redacted] coached team over an Enfield coached team -- in the second game of a tournament no less (see Arizona State, Iona)? Good luck with that

The current combined record of the 8 terms in the Paradise Jam is: 28-3. The only team in the field not in KenPom's top 100 is USC (118). Kansas is #3, Villanova #15, Iowa #18, Xavier #35, Tenn #40, UTEP is #78. Really deep and solid field. A 2-1 record would be meaningful.

And has a snowball's chance in hell of happening

Last edited:
People are picking a [Redacted] coached team over an Enfield coached team -- in the second game of a tournament no less (see Arizona State, Iona)? Good luck with that

Yeah, Wake and USC are pretty close according to Kenpom. Even as an optimist, you've gotta give the nod to USC. They have players out to prove something to Buzz, and we have, well, Buzz. This is a classic setup for Wake to lose in a blowout if the past 3 years are any indication of the future. If we get the win, it will undoubtedly be parroted as proof that we've turned the corner to mediocre in Buzz's 4th year.

If I were to bet: I think we'll play Kansas closer than rankings would indicate because they'll be resting their starters and locking past us. And then USC will kick our ass by 20+.

Yeah, Wake and USC are pretty close according to Kenpom. Even as an optimist, you've gotta give the nod to USC. They have players out to prove something to Buzz, and we have, well, Buzz. This is a classic setup for Wake to lose in a blowout if the past 3 years are any indication of the future. If we get the win, it will undoubtedly be parroted as proof that we've turned the corner to mediocre in Buzz's 4th year.

If I were to bet: I think we'll play Kansas closer than rankings would indicate because they'll be resting their starters and locking past us. And then USC will kick our ass by 20+.

So you're suggesting players on USC not named Ari Stewart or JT Terrell will have it out for Buzz?

Problem is JTT is on academic suspension. Apparently, he will not be playing.

Back