• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mullen/MSU looking at......

Have you been on twitter? Did you see how many people were tweeting about esurance? It's really not a big deal.

You seem to be mostly (completely?) alone in your opinion. It's absolutely a big deal for a grown ass man, who is currently looking for another six-figure coaching job, to be posting #1stworldproblem pathetic tweets about being broke.

You seem to be mostly (completely?) alone in your opinion. It's absolutely a big deal for a grown ass man, who is currently looking for another six-figure coaching job, to be posting #1stworldproblem pathetic tweets about being broke.

I mean, I have a different opinion than you, Ph, and like two other people. I think if we polled everybody on the board, I'd be in a minority, but a sizable one.

And I just flat out disagree with the bold. It's a dumb move, one potential employers would look at and say "okay, he won't have any recruiting responsibilities with us." But it's not a big deal. Not nearly as big as his pathetic coaching record.

And I just flat out disagree with the bold. It's a dumb move, one potential employers would look at and say "okay, he won't have any recruiting responsibilities with us." But it's not a big deal. Not nearly as big as his pathetic coaching record.

Uh, that's a huge deal. Most assistant college football coaches are expected to do some recruiting.

okay, so they see him and say "so he'll need some social media training before he goes out recruiting."

the esurance thing is just such a stupid thing to blast someone over, IMO. They're giving away $1.5 million bucks. who cares if someone tries to win it?

I missed this. Unbelievable. Stuff like this is why I can't justify giving money to Wake. If they're spending money on people who are publicly among the worst in their profession as demonstrated by easily quantifiable measures like Bz and Lobo, who else are they bankrolling? Caastevens is probably the tip of the iceberg.

Still saddens me to see the Dunkin Donuts logo on our bench chairs. And then the double whammy comes when the announcers say that W-S is known for the wonderful Krispy Kreme donut.

okay, so they see him and say "so he'll need some social media training before he goes out recruiting."

the esurance thing is just such a stupid thing to blast someone over, IMO. They're giving away $1.5 million bucks. who cares if someone tries to win it?

please post other coaches tweets to the esurance thing

He does have an adopted daughter with some pretty serious health issues...not sure how what his insurance situation is like right now, but her medical bills could runt through a large chunk of money pretty quickly.

I mean... who didn't tweet #ESuranceSave30. Tons of people just in the WFU family did. I don't think it is pathetic at all. I guarantee you they don't pick someone who just simply tweeted #EsuranceSave30. You've gotta have something else in there too to make your post stand out... I thought Lobo's was funny.

Rusty LaRue
‏@Rusty_LaRue
#EsuranceSave30

Last edited:
It's a context thing. He's had several "unemployed" tweets. I know one of them is a response to a high school coach, but I find it a little obnoxious that he's had three or more tweets about how he's unemployed.

It's a context thing. He's had several "unemployed" tweets. I know one of them is a response to a high school coach, but I find it a little obnoxious that he's had three or more tweets about how he's unemployed.

They were replies, so you would only see the tweets if you go to his page. They wouldn't show up in your timeline unless you also follow the person he replied to. So why are you annoyed if you have to go his page to see them?

Also, which tweets are you talking about? The only I see is the #Esurance tweet and the reply to a HS coach who wanted him to check out some players

Sad and pathetic. Adversity reveals who we really are. Not that it wasn't clear from his work on the field.

This is a 43 year old man with 21 years of coaching experience, 11 as an offensive coordinator at a BCS program. He has a beautiful wife and three beautiful little girls. Nobody should be feeling sorry for him and he definitely shouldn't be feeling sorry for himself. He needs to accept that he isn't good at his chosen field and work hard to get better at it. Anybody who has hit a rough spot in their careers has had to refocus and change things up in order to be more successful.

And he could totally get some clothing money by selling all those Wake clothes. I need to restock my polos and sweatshirts.

PH Dr. Phil

Without turning this into a thread bashing the former staff (or at least continuing down that path), I'm a little surprised by the lack of new jobs taken by the former staff. As of right now, Knoor, Jackson, Belin, and Stubblefield are the only guys who have gotten new jobs, right?

Jan 30th tweet from Himebauch:

@COACH_HIMEY Jan 30

You kidding me! 3 snow days in a row from 1 inch of snow!!! Kids need to go to back to school and I need to find a job!

Back