• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mullen/MSU looking at......

Without turning this into a thread bashing the former staff (or at least continuing down that path), I'm a little surprised by the lack of new jobs taken by the former staff. As of right now, Knoor, Jackson, Belin, and Stubblefield are the only guys who have gotten new jobs, right?

Knoor is at IU. Where did the other three land?

Belin and Jackson were retained by Clawson, still at Wake.

McCartney is at Army with their new coach.

So maybe my view on Lobo's unemployment tweets is influenced by my distaste for him as a coach.

absolutely fair. I'd have a hard time liking almost anything Buzz does and I know most of the boards feel the same way. He could be giving away a million and a half dollars just like esurance and I'm sure most of us would find a way to bash him...

absolutely fair. I'd have a hard time liking almost anything Buzz does and I know most of the boards feel the same way. He could be giving away a million and a half dollars just like esurance and I'm sure most of us would find a way to bash him...

"Owes another 3 years salary plus the interest"

Ignorance is bliss.

Interesting if not amusing MSU thread on the matter from the Bulldogs' Scout board:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?12269-Mullen-may-have-changed-his-mind-about-hiring-an-OC

I apologize if this comes off as a humble brag, but SB Nation's Miss. St. blog reached out to me about doing a podcast on Lobo as well as exchange a few emails about him. I'll let you know what kind of questions he asks and try and get a better sense for maybe what their fan base is thinking.

Just show him some stats. They're dreaming about the triple option when he had one of the worst BCS offenses during his entire time as OC.

Just show him some stats. They're dreaming about the triple option when he had one of the worst BCS offenses during his entire time as OC.

Yeah, I'm just going to show him stats on yards/play and yards/game. I've also gone through the Rivals recruiter profiles and haven't been able to even find many starting OT's who he recruited.

Maybe Lobo is a good football mind who can help a team in some capacity other than being the primary playcaller. I hope he gets the gig.

Yeah, I'm just going to show him stats on yards/play and yards/game. I've also gone through the Rivals recruiter profiles and haven't been able to even find many starting OT's who he recruited.

The only stats that are in Lobo's favors are turnovers. That's mostly a product of being conservative and then punting.

Assuming the $450K above is true, he should have close to, if not more than, $1 million in the bank by now (yes, I realize he hasn't made that his entire time at Wake). If he doesn't, he's a pretty poor planner and pretty self-unaware as to his abilities/marketability, his dependence on Grobe, and the feast/famine nature of his profession. With that much $$, he could find a smart business partner and invest in any number of ventures that would keep him dressed and fed in addition to looking for another job.

Let's not be so quick to judge. For one he adopted a child that had huge medical bills subsequently. Secondly we have no idea if he has elderly parents that are sickly and he has supported financially. WE don't know his circumstances.

It's awesome how after we assassinate former Deacons professionally, we then move in for the kill by attacking them personally.

It's awesome how after we assassinate former Deacons professionally, we then move in for the kill by attacking them personally.

Agreed..

He's gone. Can't that be enough for some of you guys? He may not have been a good coach but it's not like he killed your dog or something. Geez.

There's a reason he hasn't found another job. Just like there's a reason he was one of the longest tenured coordinators - he could never get a HC job.

Lobotzke is not a former Deacon. He's a former employee who was marginal in the best instances, underperforming for the bulk of his employment. His loyalty to Wake went as far as his paycheck. Don't get delusional. I don't wish ill on the guy and recognize that those who do condemn Lobotzke with silly remarks about his health or his family are simply engaging in meaningless hyperbole. But he was nothing more than an employee. Some employees are beloved and do garner a closeness with alumni and students and fans (see: Skip) but they're still getting paid to be at Wake. Lobotzke never provided results to become beloved. You do a disservice to actual "Deacons" when you dilute what that means.

Per Football Scoop:

Sources tell us former Wake Forest wide receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield is the lead candidate for the wide receivers job at Utah and could be hired by tomorrow. Stubblefield accepted a position on Chris Creighton's staff at Eastern Michigan last week.

Just like Knorr, Stubblefield accepts a position and then immediately turns around and goes somewhere else.

Per Football Scoop:

Sources tell us former Wake Forest wide receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield is the lead candidate for the wide receivers job at Utah and could be hired by tomorrow. Stubblefield accepted a position on Chris Creighton's staff at Eastern Michigan last week.

Just like Knorr, Stubblefield accepts a position and then immediately turns around and goes somewhere else.

damn that's low

Back