• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

Saying ________ is not the same as ________ is, by definition, drawing a distinction.

If neighboring Muslim countries could safely provide sufficient refuge to all Muslims fleeing persecution from ISIS and related groups then the refugee crisis wouldn't be a crisis.

OK. But why are some countries in the region taking on tons of refugees (Turkey) and others taking in none (Iran, Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, etc.)?

I'm fine screening out violent offenders in general.

OK. What if someone condones violence or other crimes? e.g. - women should endure genital mutilation (a felony in our country), it's o.k. for men to beat their wives, gays should be killed, honor killings are acceptable, etc. Do we eliminate any of those individuals or are they permitted? I'm not being cute here either. These are hard questions because we do have people here today who would support these things who are not Muslim and who have not acted on these views. Do we hold an immigrant to a different standard? To me if you say homosexuality is a sin that's different than saying gays should be subjected to violence or death. And I am concerned about admitting people with views that suggest they would support taking action against people because they are gay, a woman, etc.

OK. But why are some countries in the region taking on tons of refugees (Turkey) and others taking in none (Iran, Saudi, UAE, Kuwait, etc.)?

Probably because Iran, Saidi, UAE, Kuwait, etc. don't want the massive terrorist activities that have happened like in Turkey last month. Kinda like Trump.

If its really about National Security or Safety then the countries where the 9/11 attackers and planners came from would be at the top of the list....but alas...no Saudi Arabia, no UAE, no Lebanon, no Egypt.

Really strange way to make a distinction among those "muslim" countries.

If its really about National Security or Safety then the countries where the 9/11 attackers and planners came from would be at the top of the list....but alas...no Saudi Arabia, no UAE, no Lebanon, no Egypt.

That was Al Queda, we already beat them. Like 10 years ago. Now the issue is Syria.

We've been over this ground. The EO is based on a 2015 law that already signaled out these 7 countries. Doesn't mean it won't be expanded later. Originally the list was 4 countries in 2015, and it was then expanded to 7 in 2016.

That was Al Queda, we already beat them. Like 10 years ago. Now the issue is Syria.
Yeah, maybe this wasn't the best day to make that statement...
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...tion.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.google.com/

WASHINGTON — One American commando was killed and three others were wounded in a fierce firefight early Sunday with Qaeda militants in central Yemen, the military said on Sunday. It was the first counterterrorism operation authorized by President Trump since he took office, and the commando was the first United States service member to die in the yearslong shadow war against Al Qaeda’s Yemen affiliate.

Step 1: turn on computer
Step 2: go to internet
Step 3: go to www.google.com
Step 4: type in "list of all religions in the world"
Step 5: find search result that contains list of all religions in the world
Step 6: remove "Christian" and "Muslim" from list

It's ok to say "I don't know" when you don't know the answer to something.

It would seem that the Justice Dept. is following the National Parks in the revolution

Yeah, maybe this wasn't the best day to make that statement...
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/...tion.html?_r=0&referer=http://www.google.com/

WASHINGTON — One American commando was killed and three others were wounded in a fierce firefight early Sunday with Qaeda militants in central Yemen, the military said on Sunday. It was the first counterterrorism operation authorized by President Trump since he took office, and the commando was the first United States service member to die in the yearslong shadow war against Al Qaeda’s Yemen affiliate.

so then it makes sense we put Yemen on the no entry list.

So if that's all that needs to be done to vet the approved refugees, what's the point of the EO?

The refugees are a different matter than a dude getting a TECS check at the POE. They have their own process, which I suspect Trump will find adequate with a few empty modifications to make him look tougher and more serious.

Fairly good Atlantic article here that touched upon need for rethinking refugee program https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-is-counterproductive/514847/?utm_source=fbia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The refugees are a different matter than a dude getting a TECS check at the POE. They have their own process, which I suspect Trump will find adequate with a few empty modifications to make him look tougher and more serious.

Fairly good Atlantic article here that touched upon need for rethinking refugee program https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-is-counterproductive/514847/?utm_source=fbia

Those 100 people were refugees. And they were all admitted after a few hours of questioning. Which was apparently enough to satisfy the Trump admin.

Well, I do know. The priority in the EO applies to every member of a "minority" religion that is being persecuted. In the ME, that would include all non-Muslims (i.e., Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, whatever). In areas outside of the ME it could include (gasp!) Muslims.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

We're not talking hypotheticals. I'm asking you what percentage of people who would benefit from this are non-Christians. Since you claimed this wasn't primarily aimed at assisting Christians.

This photo is making the rounds on twitter right now. Person who posted it claims this entire family including a child was cuffed at the Dulles last night. It's tough to tell in the photo... hands could be just behind their backs. Regardless not a good look for trump and his administration.

Quite the quote here:

"Liberalism and nationhood grew up together in the 19th century, mutually dependent. In the 21st century, they have grown apart—or more exactly, liberalism has recoiled from nationhood. The result has not been to abolish nationality, but to discredit liberalism. When liberals insist that only fascists will defend borders, then voters will hire fascists to do the job liberals won’t do."

Back