• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim imams kicked off flight because other passengers were uncomfortable

The rednecked bigots got the attention they asked for this time.

Does it make you feel better to call every bigot a redneck? Does it make you feel like you're better than redneck's or something? What indication do you have that these particular bigots were rednecks? Are all bigots rednecks? I guess Bin Laden must have been a redneck.

Does it make you feel better to call every bigot a redneck? Does it make you feel like you're better than redneck's or something? What indication do you have that these particular bigots were rednecks? Are all bigots rednecks? I guess Bin Laden must have been a redneck.

it was a small flight out of Tennessee. I think the chances are pretty high they were rednecks.

also - one of the worst trends that's followed this board from the old one is everybody obsessing over what rj says instead of talking about whatever issue the thread is about.

Calling them rednecks is just as bigoted and inflammatory as the story itself. Calling them rednecks makes you no better. Hate speech is hate speech no matter how you want to sugar coat it or rationalize it.

Calling them rednecks is just as bigoted and inflammatory as the story itself. Calling them rednecks makes you no better. Hate speech is hate speech no matter how you want to sugar coat it or rationalize it.

Using exactly thesame logic it would be "hate speech" for me to call members of the KKK bigots.

I called them what they were because of their ACTIONS. That is being "accurate" not hateful.

Every bigot isn't a redneck nor do I say that.

Nor is every redneck a bigot.

he didn't call them rednecks. he called them redneck bigots. Not once did he use the word "redneck" without also using the word "bigots." So he's not generalizing all rednecks. Just redneck bigots.

This really isn't that hard guys.

Why do we have to localize dumbasses? Redneck, Hick, White Trash who the hell cares, in every state you go to, in every region of the country you are going to find a large segment of the population is dumb as shit.

Why do we have to localize dumbasses? Redneck, Hick, White Trash who the hell cares, in every state you go to, in every region of the country you are going to find a large segment of the population is dumb as shit.

very true. and if it happened in another part of the country then the term wouldn't be appropriate. But it's Tennessee, so "redneck bigots" makes sense in this context.

Eh, honestly, I wouldn't ask that they be removed from the plane, but if they were on my flight immediately after Bin Laden bought it, I'd probably spend the entire flight watching them and getting ready to jump them if they made a move. I don't really care whether or not it is the politically correct feeling.

Eh, honestly, I wouldn't ask that they be removed from the plane, but if they were on my flight immediately after Bin Laden bought it, I'd probably spend the entire flight watching them and getting ready to jump them if they made a move. I don't really care whether or not it is the politically correct feeling.

I think that being a little paranoid and jumpy is ok, a lot of people would feel that way. The point is that you have to control yourself, instead of being a racist dick and having them kicked off the plane. They were screened by security three times and the pilot still refused to let them board! What is the point of all our airport security if we still discriminate based on how people look.

It's not that it's not poilitically correct. It's that it's stupid. if they wanted to do something the dumberst they could do is to look like they might.

If someone is about to blow themselves up on a plane, I'm not going to give them much benefit of the doubt when it comes to being too smart in general.

Are people really stupid enough to think that a muslim terrorist would dress in obvious muslim religious clothing? I would be much more concerned about the muslim guy dressed like a US businessman.

My thoughts as well, only I would add college aged hipster or a woman they recruited dressed in Western attire.

it was a small flight out of Tennessee. I think the chances are pretty high they were rednecks.

also - one of the worst trends that's followed this board from the old one is everybody obsessing over what rj says instead of talking about whatever issue the thread is about.

Yep, which is why it was a bad move by the mods to name this "asylum" after him and encourage that obsession.

Should have called this board "Tribble" to encourage less asylum-like discussion.

Agree about what's the point of security if they can still kick people off for a BS reason.

Please...calling them "bigoted rednecks" because they live in Tennessee is just as offensive as saying "stupid Mexicans" if this happened in East LA (or any other slur) without knowing a single thing about them. IF you want to make a strong statement, fine, but if the pot is going to call the kettle black, at least own it.

You think two priests would be kicked off if some crazy bitch was worried about them molesting her son? They were wearing "normal attire". They're imams.

They're wearing pajamas. Is there some kind of imam requirement that says you have to wear pajamas at all times? I honestly don't know.

I know there isn't for priests. If priests had been responsible for 9/11, I think you'd see them without their collars on airplanes.

They're wearing pajamas. Is there some kind of imam requirement that says you have to wear pajamas at all times? I honestly don't know.

I know there isn't for priests. If priests had been responsible for 9/11, I think you'd see them without their collars on airplanes.

1. The guys that hijacked the planes in 9/11 weren't Imams. 2. They're not pajamas, and what does it matter if they are? Terrorists can't wear Levi's or Polos? If you're going to compare Imams to Priests, then you might as well compare the 9/11 hijacker terrorists to regular Catholics. If the 9/11 flights had been hijacked by Catholics, would you be afraid of every Catholic who was on your flight?

Last edited:
Please...calling them "bigoted rednecks" because they live in Tennessee is just as offensive as saying "stupid Mexicans" if this happened in East LA (or any other slur) without knowing a single thing about them. IF you want to make a strong statement, fine, but if the pot is going to call the kettle black, at least own it.

Calling me an old, fat jew doesn't mean ALL Jews are old and fat. It means I am.

Saying these specific people are bigoted rednecks is speaknig only about them and their actions. It has NOTHING to do with anyone else.

If someone is about to blow themselves up on a plane, I'm not going to give them much benefit of the doubt when it comes to being too smart in general.

Every other person who tried to blow temselves up were dressed like westerners.

Absolutely correct. There is no reason to call them rednecks under any circumstances, much less doing so only because live in TN. For all RJ knows they grew up in Phildaelphia.

Back