• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim imams kicked off flight because other passengers were uncomfortable

They're wearing pajamas. Is there some kind of imam requirement that says you have to wear pajamas at all times? I honestly don't know.

I know there isn't for priests. If priests had been responsible for 9/11, I think you'd see them without their collars on airplanes.

But the people who belw up our planes and even the ones got caught who failed were all dressed like you would be to fly.

Well maybe not you. But Americans in general...

Oh good lord. it's rj, he's over the top. We all freaking know this. Are people incapable of just talking about an issue and NOT obsessing over one word he used?

Calling me an old, fat jew doesn't mean ALL Jews are old and fat. It means I am.

Saying these specific people are bigoted rednecks is speaknig only about them and their actions. It has NOTHING to do with anyone else.

RJ, you don't know anything about the people who did this. Generally the term "redneck" is served for poor, white, country people. Why can't you just refer to them as bigots and leave it at that?

Oh good lord. it's rj, he's over the top. We all freaking know this. Are people incapable of just talking about an issue and NOT obsessing over one word he used?

Is this a rhetorical question?

There's nothing I've said on this thread that even approaches the top much less is over it.

RJ, you don't know anything about the people who did this. Generally the term "redneck" is served for poor, white, country people. Why can't you just refer to them as bigots and leave it at that?

Jeff Foxworthy and others have expanded the scope of the word.

Jeff Foxworthy and others have expanded the scope of the word.

Redneck does not mean racist or paranoid, and that's all we know about these people; you're making a weird generalization.

Chris Rock has done something similar with another offensive slur. That doesn't mean it's okay to refer to people as such.

Either way, my point in all this is it becomes hard for me to take anyone seriously who denounces bigoted behavior by being bigoted themselves. You immediately make your own point moot.

Chris Rock has done something similar with another offensive slur. That doesn't mean it's okay to refer to people as such.

Either way, my point in all this is it becomes hard for me to take anyone seriously who denounces bigoted behavior by being bigoted themselves. You immediately make your own point moot.

What total crap!

Yes I am bigoted against bigots. I will always be. If that's "hate" to you, i don't give a fuck.

What total crap!

Yes I am bigoted against bigots. I will always be. If that's "hate" to you, i don't give a fuck.

BBD is wrong, trying to tell you anything is a waste of time.

Last edited:
Is it really more interesting to talk about one poster's use of the term "redneck" than what happened in Tennessee?

I'd like to hear more about how this came about. Like, did multiple people call the flight attendants over so they could complain about two men in traditional clothing? Pretty shameful behavior if so. If you're really that uncomfortable, take yourself and your prejudices off the plane and request another flight.

Rough press for TN on top of the Murfreesboro mosque nonsense.

Only when it is totally bullshit.

There are good Jews and bad Jews. There are good rednecks and bad rednecks.

It's clear that you don't consider "redneck" to be a slur, but most of us do consider it a slur. Redneck does not equal jew, redneck equals kike. Are there good kikes and bad kikes?

There are people here who have proudly callewd themselves rednecks.

Here are a few of the songs with redneck in them:
High Tech Redneck” George Jones
“Kiss My Country A**” Rhett Akins
“My Long Hair Don’t Cover Up My Red Neck,” David Allan Coe
“Its Alright To Be A Redneck” -Alan Jackson
“Redneck Games” Jeff Foxworthy and Alan Jackson
“Redneck Girl” Bellamy Bros
“Redneck Rhythm And Blues” Brooks And Dunn
“Rednecks, White Socks And Blue Ribbon Beer” by Johnny Russell
“Redneck Woman” Gretchen Wilson
“Redneck Yacht Club” Craig Morgan
“What DoYa Think About That” Montgomery Gentry
“What this World Needs Is a Few More Rednecks,” Charlie Daniels Band
“You Can’t Hide Redneck” Tracy Lawrence

From George Jones to Gretchen Wilson, all have done it.

It's sad but predictable that my use of one word is the only thing anyone is talking about here.

We have a couple people who are clearly prejudiced against Muslims but that's OK.

There are people here who have proudly callewd themselves rednecks.

Here are a few of the songs with redneck in them:
High Tech Redneck” George Jones
“Kiss My Country A**” Rhett Akins
“My Long Hair Don’t Cover Up My Red Neck,” David Allan Coe
“Its Alright To Be A Redneck” -Alan Jackson
“Redneck Games” Jeff Foxworthy and Alan Jackson
“Redneck Girl” Bellamy Bros
“Redneck Rhythm And Blues” Brooks And Dunn
“Rednecks, White Socks And Blue Ribbon Beer” by Johnny Russell
“Redneck Woman” Gretchen Wilson
“Redneck Yacht Club” Craig Morgan
“What DoYa Think About That” Montgomery Gentry
“What this World Needs Is a Few More Rednecks,” Charlie Daniels Band
“You Can’t Hide Redneck” Tracy Lawrence

From George Jones to Gretchen Wilson, all have done it.

It's sad but predictable that my use of one word is the only thing anyone is talking about here.

We have a couple people who are clearly prejudiced against Muslims but that's OK.

I could list twice as many rap songs with nigger in the title, and it's clearly still a slur. The only reason you've become a topic on this thread is because you refuse to acknowledge your hypocrisy.

I could list twice as many rap songs with nigger in the title, and it's clearly still a slur. The only reason you've become a topic on this thread is because I and the other weenies on this board are so immature that we just can't help ourselves from being obsessed with you and one word you used in your posts

fixed.

BBD, you've made it clear that RJ's use of the word redneck doesn't bother you. I hope I've made it equally clear that I don't give a fuck what you think about it. If I haven't, let me reiterate: I don't give a fuck what you think about it.

if it bothers you so much then rep him or send him a PM. As avalon said:

"Is it really more interesting to talk about one poster's use of the term "redneck" than what happened in Tennessee?"

if it bothers you so much then rep him or send him a PM. As avalon said:

"Is it really more interesting to talk about one poster's use of the term "redneck" than what happened in Tennessee?"

Both good suggestions; Thank you. I wish you could make contributions like that before insulting and aggravating people. It seems like a lot of threads go in different directions of conversation, once the topic of the thread has run out of steam. I'm sure you've done your share of contributing to the conversations in other threads. If you still want to comment on the original topic of the thread, feel free, no one is stopping you.

Last edited:
I wish you could make any positive contribution to this board at all, but we can't always get what we want.

Back to the story... what the hell is Atlantic Southeast Airlines? I've never heard of them before yesterday

Back