• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim imams kicked off flight because other passengers were uncomfortable

They wouldn't have put out the info about trying to get them back onto the plane if they hadn't done some investigation.

By saying they tried to get them back on the plane, it is de facto saying they were wrongly taken off in the first place.

Had they simply said."we are investigating the situation and made other arrangements" your point would be more accurate.

In a situation like this you don't say or do anything that would lead anyone to believe either side unless you have some intel.

OK.

I remember one time before my procedure I got put in the line where you get a pat down by security. Lets just say that was an awkward afternoon for me and for the 250 pound TSA lady who checked me out. Good news was, I made my flight!

I am not going to argue with you. You are wrong. You have no way of knowing what happened on that airplane. To call them prejudiced and bigoted with the limited information you have at hand is itself an exercise in prejudice. In the lack of concrete information, you are pre-judging.

No, this is another "nuanced" position. Pls. try to keep up.

As long as jhmd agrees, then rj will definitely walk away.

You're not getting rid of me any time soon. I intend to see your posting style all the way through to maturity. It may take a long time, but I'm young, fit and not ready to quit.

Hahaha. #92 was in response to a hypothetical situation. You got me on #11, one other poster made an insulting comment about the passengers. If you think two people justified your rant, fine, agree to disagree. Seemed over the top to me.

That's probably because you've already made up your mind. The fact remains that we still do not know what was said or done in the passenger compartment of that airplane. Until we do, one poster or 101 posters are wrong to call them rednecks, bigots, or anything for that matter. If you have specific knowledge of the incident beyond what was reported in the article, please fill us all in.

You're not getting rid of me any time soon. I intend to see your posting style all the way through to maturity. It may take a long time, but I'm young, fit and not ready to quit.

will you two go ahead and fuck and get it over with? it's really getting kind of awkward for the rest of us in here.

Shorty, I need to spread some more rep to make it official, but I plan to pos rep you for admitting you are somewhat at fault for this cluster of a thread.

I'm sure there's another side of the story, but that's a shame.

You hear a lot of rhetoric about how mainstream Muslims should do more to root out terrorism, but this is how the good Muslims get treated.

By the way, as some of you have learned, I'm NGArepping people who focus on one word that one poster used instead of the larger issues raised in this thread and pos repping those who call them out for it. Even if this forum was started in the wrong fashion, those of us who prefer reasoned discussion should do what we can to self-police it.

Got a neg rep for this post from somebody in the red or with < 50 posts: "As if your approval amounts to shit in the real world.."

I wish you could make any positive contribution to this board at all, but we can't always get what we want.

Back to the story... what the hell is Atlantic Southeast Airlines? I've never heard of them before yesterday

And Tennessee isn't even on the Atlantic...must be run by a bunch of dumb rednecks...
:couch:

Notre Dame isn't in the east but they are in the Big East.

The Big 10 had eleven teams for many years.

Last edited:
There's been no update to this from any news sources. I would think this means that the pilot is being dealt with by the airlines, which doesn't need to be made public. If the imams were really interrupting the flight, they should have been detained and charged. Since this didn't happen, I would have to believe they were not at fault.

Got a neg rep for this post from somebody in the red or with < 50 posts: "As if your approval amounts to shit in the real world.."

Wasn't me. I respect your opinion, even when I don't agree with it.

Everybody always disapproves and thinks irrational the bigotries of others that they do not share. On the other hand, people don't disapprove of the ones they do share. Even worse, the shared bigotries appear to them to be rational.

Back