• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim WFU Law Student Writes...

fuckin' a, there are some seriously resentful Judeo/Christian white people posting on this thread. some seriously fucked up attitudes, IMO

what I have learned is that this Muslim WFU law student, who has peacefully practiced his religion in the US for many years, has no room to complain about ANYTHING because some people around the world who happen to practice the same religion as he are violent murderers. it's tough titty for him, because innocent Americans died and, well, that's how it works pal - you shoulda been more vocal.

wow

It shouldn't be tough titty for him, but it is. Societal goals and reality are not always one and the same. There are plenty of prejudiced people who are not going to change their mindset simply because you think they should.

So you're just unaware of the fact that Kaczynski has absolutely nothing to do with anything being discussed anywhere on this thread, right?

Regardless, what exactly is the threshold for number of acts committed in the name of _____ before suspicion can be raised?

He brought up homegrown terrorist acts such as Oklahoma City... try reading.

And absolutely, when the number is in the thousands it marks a significantly different phenomenon.

Trust me, I understand your knee-jerk need to fall within what the purveyors of your own brand of ideology consider "appropriate".

It shouldn't be tough titty for him, but it is. Societal goals and reality are not always one and the same. There are plenty of prejudiced people who are not going to change their mindset simply because you think they should.

so people should just accept whatever society tells them and not try to change people's prejudiced minds? Guess we should still be living with Jim Crow laws.

fuckin' a, there are some seriously resentful Judeo/Christian white people posting on this thread. some seriously fucked up attitudes, IMO

what I have learned is that this Muslim WFU law student, who has peacefully practiced his religion in the US for many years, has no room to complain about ANYTHING because some people around the world who happen to practice the same religion as he are violent murderers. it's tough titty for him, because innocent Americans died and, well, that's how it works pal - you shoulda been more vocal.

wow

And fuckin-A, I find your naivette and fealty to political rectitude to be borderline child-like and having little place in a real world filled with real politik.

And fuckin-A, I find your naivette and fealty to political rectitude to be borderline child-like and having little place in a real world filled with real politik.

oh please, spare me your lecture on the real world, bud. I've been just fine my whole life and I'm confident I will continue to be. I was commenting on the authors intent and you and your frightened ivory tower white-boy friends launched into all the reasons that he should suck it up. Talk about borderline child-like....

I have an anecdotal story that gave me some positive feelings about how most (key word) Americans treat Muslim Americans.

My neighbor is a Palestinian-born Muslim guy who is very orthodox. He wears a full beard and can be quickly identified as a Muslim. He and I have a pretty good relationship so I talk with him about sensitive topics from time to time (racism, religion, etc).

Anyway, I was speaking with him last week after the Bin Laden killing and asked him how he felt about the jubilation that came with the killing and if he thought it stoked any general anti-Muslim reactions. He told me that first of all, he was extremely happy that they got Bin Laden. Second of all, like the article said, Bin Laden killed more Muslims than he did any others. Third of all, he didnt consider Bin Laden to be a Muslim because of the way he used the Quran for his own evil purposes.

We kept talking and he talked about how people sometimes are taken aback by his very Muslim appearance at first (he works for a US government agency so he deals with a lot of bureaucrats), but the overwhelming majority of people are very kind once they actually speak with him. He also said that he doesn't feel unduly discriminated against when he flies and actually sometimes feel like people go out of their way to not stereotype him.

We then got to talking about human nature in general, and he said he understands why people stereotype and doesnt harbor any ill feelings for them. He said that if for instance, a Japanese kamikaze (his words, not mine) had crashed a plane into the WTC that he would probably have that thought in the back of his head anytime he saw a Japanese guy getting on a plane.

Needless to say, this guy gives people the benefit of the doubt almost universally, and I think if more people would just get to know their Muslim neighbors they would realize that the overwhelming majority are great people.

I'm sure I will get plenty of tl;dr for this and possibly some neg reps, but I just had to tell my encouraging story.

so people should just accept whatever society tells them and not try to change people's prejudiced minds? Guess we should still be living with Jim Crow laws.

Where did I say that? Explaining the reason for something's existence and advocating its existence are not the same thing.

Someone's been reading too many Tom Clancy/Brad Thor/Vince Flynn novels.

^His post on his experience in France was interesting, and I respect his observations on the gulf between the cultures. My post was aimed primarily at jhmd et al but I guess since it fell just under his he took umbrage at it.

Still, IMO the kid was just expressing how he, as an American who happens to be Muslim, has been affected by Islamic terrorism targeted at the US to more or less educate the rest of us on what it is like for someone in his position. The immediate non-Muslim American response is to assign some blame around.

My apologies Lectro - admittedly I made my post before reading the entire thread, including your posts just above mine.

^His post on his experience in France was interesting, and I respect his observations on the gulf between the cultures. My post was aimed primarily at jhmd et al but I guess since it fell just under his he took umbrage at it.

Still, IMO the kid was just expressing how he, as an American who happens to be Muslim, has been affected by Islamic terrorism targeted at the US to more or less educate the rest of us on what it is like for someone in his position. The immediate non-Muslim American response is to assign some blame around.

My apologies Lectro - admittedly I made my post before reading the entire thread, including your posts just above mine.

What a surprise? Your failure to read what I wrote begat your substitution for your favorite explanation for the source of disagreement. Imagine my shock...

If this kid wants to complain, he needs to complain at the people who caused his problem. I'd be okay with that, but that's not what he's doing. He's bitching at the effect, and the victim crowd devours it in one bite. That's what they do instead of thinking.

This is the kid who steps on a rake, it smacks him in the nose, and then he bitches at his nose for hurting. Cause-and-effect fail.

What a surprise? Your failure to read what I wrote begat your substitution for your favorite explanation for the source of disagreement. Imagine my shock...

If this kid wants to complain, he needs to complain at the people who caused his problem. I'd be okay with that, but that's not what he's doing. He's bitching at the effect, and the victim crowd devours it in one bite. That's what they do instead of thinking.

This is the kid who steps on a rake, it smacks him in the nose, and then he bitches at his nose for hurting. Cause-and-effect fail.

you fail to make any sense. at least Lectro made sense

edit: can a person (the author) not explain what they are thinking/feeling about a situation without some loudmouth telling him when/how/why/where he should feel that way and who he should feel that way about???? that is my fucking point. blame is the name of the game with you. The guy was just saying "hey, Im a Muslim American and the terrorists fucked my life up too, in more than one way that maybe you non-Muslims hadn't considered or felt" and you assholes just throw him under the bus for your various reasons.

Last edited:
Probably becuase the jihadist elements within Islam have co-opted the religion and with very little protest from the other factions.

V.S. Naipaul is a very great man of letters from India...he received a Nobel for literature. Have any of you ever taken the time to read his 'highly controversial' opinions of the Muslim community? I doubt many of you have any real 'on the ground experience' and instead see the issue from behind the pages of the New York Times or over a mixed drink looking out on Big Sur, or perhaps from within the cozy cloistered walls of the academy...but you ain't really (to quote James Hendrix) "Experienced".

I have a lot of experience with this because 2 of my best friends are practicing Muslims: 1 of them is from Palestine and the other is from Egypt. My friend Mohammed (real name) from Palestine was put on the "No-Fly List" for 2 years, having never committed a crime in his life. I think you really fail to recognize how disconnected American Muslims are from all the extremist nut jobs in the Middle East.

you fail to make any sense. at least Lectro made sense

edit: can a person (the author) not explain what they are thinking/feeling about a situation without some loudmouth telling him when/how/why/where he should feel that way and who he should feel that way about???? that is my fucking point. blame is the name of the game with you. The guy was just saying "hey, Im a Muslim American and the terrorists fucked my life up too, in more than one way that maybe you non-Muslims hadn't considered or felt" and you assholes just throw him under the bus for your various reasons.

Yes, clearly that's what I meant by "I don't doubt what he's saying is true...but right message, wrong audience." You nailed it, nice work.

He brought up homegrown terrorist acts such as Oklahoma City... try reading.

And absolutely, when the number is in the thousands it marks a significantly different phenomenon.

Trust me, I understand your knee-jerk need to fall within what the purveyors of your own brand of ideology consider "appropriate".

Bullshit, fucko. The discussion was about backlash towards homogenous groups after a professed member commits an act. BBD's question asked if all Christians were subjected to the same backlash after OKC. Nothing about "homegrown terrorism." Face it: the misspelling of the name was merely the first indication you're talking out of your ass. You also get an "F" for trying to backtrack now.

Falling for the ideological line, I'm guessing you've just missed my other posts on the matter wherein I echo a more rightist view of these events than other socio-political areas. See if you can get that third neg rep dot before this is over.

And you wonder why I ignore JHMD. Bake, his post you quoted is one of the most ridiculous posts this board has seen.

Should doctors shy away from funamentalist Chirsitians, because Rudolph, Roder and others have executed doctors?

Should we all shy away from white Christins who served in the Army because Tim McVeigh did?

Should blacks shy away for all whites with southern accrents because of the Klan?

Those would be logical in jhmd's world.

Luckily most aren't as closed minded as he.

But why are the readers of the W-SJ the "wrong audience"? Sure, we're not likely to be the terrorists that have caused everyone so much grief. But why not give a listen to a peaceable Muslim's perspective? And try to understand what he's saying about the Muslim experience in the U.S. post-9/11?

Sure, it's not hard to assume you can imagine that experience. But I've not lived it, and appreciate the student sharing his.

As I've indicated earlier, I appreciate why some people are in some ways biased wrt Muslims. Some of that makes some sense to me. But certainly not all of it. And I see no harm at all in listening to the perspective of our Muslim neighbors and students and trying to better appreciate what their lives are like.

And you wonder why I ignore JHMD. Bake, his post you quoted is one of the most ridiculous posts this board has seen.

Should doctors shy away from funamentalist Chirsitians, because Rudolph, Roder and others have executed doctors?

Should we all shy away from white Christins who served in the Army because Tim McVeigh did?

Should blacks shy away for all whites with southern accrents because of the Klan?

Those would be logical in jhmd's world.

Luckily most aren't as closed minded as he.

You're an idiot. I am pointing out that he needs to address his concerns with the offending party. He claims his religion was hijacked, but he's blaming the passengers. He needs to blame the hijackers. But then again, they're not white judeo christians (or whomever W&B cited), so they're totally immune in your world. His concerns---valid as they may be----need to be addressed to the proper audience.

You accept all claims of victimization at face value, and accuse anyone who dares to voice a critically-reasoned opinion as a bigoted. That's not just lazy, it's stupid and lazy...and for that matter, precisely the stuff sad, unredeemable old vaginas are made of.

Twat on, RJ.

Back