• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My conspiracy theory regarding WF athletics.

The AFA class made me take a moment of pause.

Over the last 30 years we landed two 5* bawlers, Rodney and CP3. Then we get three in one class. If there is a conspiracy, is only of the Men's BB program.

It is probably good that this is an anonymous board because I would have a hard time ever taking any statement seriously from the poster again if I knew him.

What's the Bob Ryan quote? "There are no clean programs" or something similar to this.

There are no virgins in college basketball.

So your conspiracy theory is basically the spin that Wellman and his stooges have been trying to sell in order to justify the Bzz era.

There may or may not be any clean programs today, but there was a totally clean program in Bloomington, Indiana for almost 30 years that won 11 conference championships and 3 NCAA titles.

X2V4juQ.jpg

So your conspiracy theory is basically the spin that Wellman and his stooges have been trying to sell in order to justify the Bzz era.

it was just a lighthearted post about how miserable it is to be a wake fan right now. somewhat satirical. all of the personal attacks have been classy though!

it was just a lighthearted post about how miserable it is to be a wake fan right now. somewhat satirical. all of the personal attacks have been classy though!

No problem. But serious question, do you know Annette from Welcome, NC?

No problem. But serious question, do you know Annette from Welcome, NC?

nah, i don't know many people from welcome on a first name basis. i went to FCDS, which alienated me from the fine davidson county youngsters growing up...

I've seen a few people on the other boards imply that the basketball program was on the NCAA's radar or was going to be. I'm assuming that's hyperbole.

I've seen a few people on the other boards imply that the basketball program was on the NCAA's radar or was going to be. I'm assuming that's hyperbole.

There's absolutely no indication from any insider or donor that I've spoken to, or that has posted on this forum, that we were under investigation or "on the radar" of the NCAA.

I don't even understand the "was going to be" logic. If we had an NCAA violation, we had it. Simple as that. I guess the idea is that we had some violations and Wellman talked them down by getting rid of the evil Dino Gaudino and recruiting choir boys who don't gamble.

There's absolutely no indication from any insider or donor that I've spoken to, or that has posted on this forum, that we were under investigation or "on the radar" of the NCAA.

Yeah. I should make it clear I don't believe those posts.

If we had anything resembling a violation we would absolutely have self-reported to the NCAA. Have no doubt about that.

Back