• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C Beaches, the next Amity Island

:LKbatsignal:

Had a nice experience at Atlantic beach last week with the family. My dad is an avid fisherman and recently ruptured his achilles tendon. So everyday I would piggyback him from the boardwalk to the sand, throw him out two lines and leave him there all day. He wouldn't have it any other way. We're sitting there eating lunch and his small rod takes off. He hooks the fish but it runs down the beach. There's no way for him to chase it so he hands me the rod. Long story short, I fight the fish about 1/4 mile down the beach, gather a bunch of spectators in the 45 minute fight, and end up with a guy helping me net it to finally get it in (tiny rod, 8 lb test). 31 inch Red Drum. We take picture on phones and such them put him back in and go on our way back to the tents. On our way back we hear a woman yelling behind us and everyone starts pointing. Three 5' Blacktip Fin sharks had surrounded the fish and were feeding in the water around it. They were on the breaker side of the waves, so 1.5-2 feet of water. You could see the drum swimming in the middle of them. All 200 people watching thought it was the coolest thing they had seen except for one mom who cussed my dad out for fishing on the surf and ruining her familys vacation. Ill post a pic of the sharks when I get a chance to upload them to imgur

11863295_10155913760280534_8035917251598959714_n.jpg

I was at the Dairy Queen yesterday and this teenage chick accidentally ordered a "Dildo Bar" instead of a Dilly Bar. I laughed.

Back