• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nashville vs Miss St.!!

I would hope and expect that MSU brings 5-8 times as many fans as Wake...otherwise, their fanbase looks pretty pathetic. Large state school with 21K students, a localized alumni base, and closer proximity to Nashville vs a tiny 4K student private school, located in a state dominated by two large state schools, with an alumni base spread all over the place.

I am guessing it will about about twice as many

But I really have no idea. We travelled well to Jacksonville last year and that was three times as far away. From just talking to people, it seems like more are going this year. Now that I think about it, I'd say we'll have about 40k or so there. We may have almost 21k students but just five years ago, when I was there, we only had 16k.

I would hope and expect that MSU brings 5-8 times as many fans as Wake...otherwise, their fanbase looks pretty pathetic. Large state school with 21K students, a localized alumni base, and closer proximity to Nashville vs a tiny 4K student private school, located in a state dominated by two large state schools, with an alumni base spread all over the place.

Agreed... I would think though as a percentage of our school/living alumni we have some of the best support of any college.

We may have almost 21k students but just five years ago, when I was there, we only had 16k.

That number is mostly meaningless anyway when you're one of two large state schools. You pick up fans just because of the Mississippi in your name. Our fanbase is far more weighted towards our tiny alumni base.

That number is mostly meaningless anyway when you're one of two large state schools. You pick up fans just because of the Mississippi in your name. Our fanbase is far more weighted towards our tiny alumni base.

Not when you have no history of football success. MSU doesn't really have bandwagon fans fwiw. Sure there are those people who will just put on a t-shirt sometimes, but we don't have many fans that did not go to school but attend games. It's a lower percentage than most of the other SEC schools, at least.

Not when you have no history of football success. MSU doesn't really have bandwagon fans fwiw. Sure there are those people who will just put on a t-shirt sometimes, but we don't have many fans that did not go to school but attend games. It's a lower percentage than most of the other SEC schools, at least.

You are kinda stuck between Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU; probably hard to pick up bandwagon fans. Is southern Miss. just overrun with LSU fans?

You are kinda stuck between Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU; probably hard to pick up bandwagon fans. Is southern Miss. just overrun with LSU fans?

Definitely. Hattiesburg has more State and Ole Miss fans than USM fans and just as many LSU fans. I live about an hour west of Hattiesburg. Everyone who went to college is mostly State and Ole Miss fans. The oil field workers and cashiers are all LSU fans. I get pretty effin sick of seeing jacked up 4x4s with LSU crap all over them. All of the towns around here grew significantly after Katrina.

Actually I guess now that I look a little closer it is US74 W mostly before it gets to the mountains and then it has me on I-26 W for about 35 miles before hooking up with I-40 right after Asheville. That might not be so bad - and someone has already commented on that anyway

It's not bad but make sure you don't hit Shelby at a time of day hen you would expect a lot of traffic. There's a bunch of stoplights and things can get pretty jammed up in the afternoon. Shouldn't be too bad during the week after Christmas though.

Back