• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nashville vs Miss St.!!

That's not too bad at all. We should definitely sell all of those and likely request more. Not that it matters though because bowls will still look for every opportunity to pass on Wake no matter how many tickets we sell.

(I realize selling out the allotment does matter with regards to Wake not taking a loss for buying unused tickets.)

So if I was going to drive from Charlotte, the first google maps suggestion is to take US-74 W to cut off some of the distance. Not knowing anything about it, this looks like it could be an awful mountain windy road. Would that road be alright or should I just take I-77 up to Statesville to hop on I40 even though it adds 30 miles to the trip?

I'm just going to take Silas Creek to 40 and stay on it forever.

I would probably just stick to 77-40 even if it's a little while longer. Even 40 has a couple stretches when you first get into Tennessee where I've been uneasy with trailers around me when I'm on it. That's probably just me though

I haven't found 40 to be bad at all going west except during rush hour in Knoxville. The construction in Asheville isn't great, but at least during off hours the stretch through the mountains is a plus, not a negative. There's always a big hold up on the other side of Nashville, but that isn't particularly relevant to most Wake fans.

So if I was going to drive from Charlotte, the first google maps suggestion is to take US-74 W to cut off some of the distance. Not knowing anything about it, this looks like it could be an awful mountain windy road. Would that road be alright or should I just take I-77 up to Statesville to hop on I40 even though it adds 30 miles to the trip?

Take 85 south to 321 north and take it North to Hickory and hit 40 west. Much easier route.

I live in south Charlotte and have made the drive to western NC a number of times, and I always take US-74. It's a 4 land divided highway with a 65 mph speed limit most of the way (with the exception of where it goes through Shelby for about 5 miles) until it hit's I-26, which you then ride up to I-40. US 74W is probably the flatest and most non-mountanous of those three roads, and is basically like being on the interstate, so I wouldn't bother with taking 77 up to statesville and over.

202134_o.gif

What is this .gif of? Do we have a youtube with audio ? Would really like to hear what is being said....

Plz help :)

Actually I guess now that I look a little closer it is US74 W mostly before it gets to the mountains and then it has me on I-26 W for about 35 miles before hooking up with I-40 right after Asheville. That might not be so bad - and someone has already commented on that anyway

There are some big time country artists coming into nashville a couple days before the game.

And you'll find better music just by wondering around downtown and stopping in on a few of the local acts.

Not a bad drive at all...definitely take 74.

visitmusiccity Nashville Tennessee
And here's the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: @Skynyrd is playing Nashville's New Year's Eve Party! Now you HAVE to come! bit.ly/vmMO6S

I would tell you but I do not know if they would get in trouble or not, so I think it is weiser not to.

IHaveADream_7
Thanks a lot big Homie we gone ball hard in dis one...
4 Dec at 18:57
Jimmy Fagg jimmyfagg
Congrats you guys deserve it. A much better game than shreveport we thought we were getting. You guys are much better than the record shows.
4 Dec at 18:53
KiDD BlAsT IHaveADream_7
Nashville vs Mississippi state 30th
4 Dec at 18:49
Jimmy Fagg jimmyfagg
Hey Bud where we going bowling and against who?

here is to whoever the dick was that negrepped me thinking I just read it somewhere. sign your smack cock gobbler.

74>26>40 is indeed the best way to go. the mountain at saluda isn't near the challenge that 40 is at old fort...construction there between old fort and black mountain for the foreseeable future...

it's also a beautiful drive along 74...not much traffic, either...

74 is not mountainous and is the way to go. 321 to Hickory is not at all better or faster.

IHaveADream_7
Thanks a lot big Homie we gone ball hard in dis one...
4 Dec at 18:57
Jimmy Fagg jimmyfagg
Congrats you guys deserve it. A much better game than shreveport we thought we were getting. You guys are much better than the record shows.
4 Dec at 18:53
KiDD BlAsT IHaveADream_7
Nashville vs Mississippi state 30th
4 Dec at 18:49
Jimmy Fagg jimmyfagg
Hey Bud where we going bowling and against who?

here is to whoever the dick was that negrepped me thinking I just read it somewhere. sign your smack cock gobbler.

I can't imagine why you have negrep. :wtftard:

What up, Deacs?

Just poking my head in. Fwiw, State pretty much sold their 12,000 ticket allotment before we knew where we were going. I am sitting in the club level with you guys. There will be a lot of maroon on the Deacon side. I hope the place is packed out. Looking forward to talking to you guys that whole weekend. Not just on gameday. Should be a fun time.

Just poking my head in. Fwiw, State pretty much sold their 12,000 ticket allotment before we knew where we were going.

Makes sense for a school of 21K+.

I am sitting in the club level with you guys. There will be a lot of maroon on the Deacon side.

So, you've joined the Deacon Club to purchase tickets through our school? Thanks for the donation.

No But I Am Sitting On The West Side

Just saying I will be on the ACC side.

Back