• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Official Thread

So the coach has a 6'5" senior wide receiver who's a top-100 college recruit and he doesn't throw the ball? I guess that team's running game must be something special.

Summary for those who don't follow this closely? Did we have and big steals and/or losses? Overall feel of this class? Any unfinished business?

So the coach has a 6'5" senior wide receiver who's a top-100 college recruit and he doesn't throw the ball? I guess that team's running game must be something special.

slideshow_1437564_8.jpg

Summary for those who don't follow this closely? Did we have and big steals and/or losses? Overall feel of this class? Any unfinished business?

I'd say that today went as planned. We had a handful of de-commits near the end but added a few quality pieces as well. But nothing today. We ended up only taking 21(?) schollies. At one point I would have really thought we would get up to 25+ (and I believe Clawson said 25 himself). We do have unfinished business in an all-purpose RB from South Carolina that L'Ville pulled his offer two days ago. We are in Colburn's final 3 with Marshall and Georgia So and he will decide next Wed.

Overall it is a very solid WFU class, but a few months ago it had the makings of a potentially special (top 40 in country) class. It felt like we were hanging on down the stretch, but it turned out well.

I'd say that today went as planned. We had a handful of de-commits near the end but added a few quality pieces as well. But nothing today. We ended up only taking 21(?) schollies. At one point I would have really thought we would get up to 25+ (and I believe Clawson said 25 himself). We do have unfinished business in an all-purpose RB from South Carolina that L'Ville pulled his offer two days ago. We are in Colburn's final 3 with Marshall and Georgia So and he will decide next Wed.

Overall it is a very solid WFU class, but a few months ago it had the makings of a potentially special (top 40 in country) class. It felt like we were hanging on down the stretch, but it turned out well.

I know what you're saying but just to tweak you: guess we'll have to settle for top ~50 and record setting.

Highlights of the class are Bo Archibald (#8 ranked TE on ESPN) and Kyle Kearns (4* QB) to me.

Back