• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

navigating the dry waters of NA beers and liquors (for recs, reviews, whatever)

So some of these-- particularly the faux liquors or their additives-- come with a little something to calm or energize or whatever. Basically, to provide a buzz that isn't an alcohol buzz. I get that caffeine and energy drinks and teas can do much the same, but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of quitting drinking?
Curious about the recent emergence spirits on the market that are hemp or cbd-infused. Not interested in getting a serious buzz(in which case I'd just stick with regular booze), but the idea of either a mild euphoria or sense of mellow sounds nice. Not ready to jump in w/o learning more on the health side or products getting further-developed, but again it does interest me somewhat.

Curious about the recent emergence spirits on the market that are hemp or cbd-infused. Not interested in getting a serious buzz(in which case I'd just stick with regular booze), but the idea of either a mild euphoria or sense of mellow sounds nice. Not ready to jump in w/o learning more on the health side or products getting further-developed, but again it does interest me somewhat.

Just drink half of one and see what you think.

I've had a couple CBD beverages (sparkling water and kombucha) that definitely give you a bit of a mellow buzz. One was local (Lenny Boy) and I can't remember the other brand.

I've also tried the HOP WTRs, which taste good, but nootropics/adaptogens don't really seem to do much for me.

i think CBD stuff is pretty safe to try and not worry too much about the effects

THC stuff would be different

personally, I don't really dig the CBD effect, so I've never tried the drinks myself

I've been enjoying some of the options that have adaptogens/nootropics (?) or whatever - Recess and HIYO are the two brands I've had. I can't say there's a buzz or anything, per se, but I do enjoy them and they tend to be lower-calorie than other options. Plus, my sleep scores do seem to be better when I have them as compared to other beverage options.

Haven't tried any CBD items, but I'm not opposed to them.

I've been enjoying some of the options that have adaptogens/nootropics (?) or whatever - Recess and HIYO are the two brands I've had. I can't say there's a buzz or anything, per se, but I do enjoy them and they tend to be lower-calorie than other options. Plus, my sleep scores do seem to be better when I have them as compared to other beverage options.

Haven't tried any CBD items, but I'm not opposed to them.

You're in Oregon. Just grow, buy, sell, and trade actual weed.

Still stuck on the NA beers and think I can go with them as long as I need to, even if forever.

I did pick up some Untitled Art or whatever it's called. I'd say it's pretty top shelf NA beer, but at $16.99 a 6 pack, I won't be buying it again (granted, my local shop here has a pretty good mark-up, but I get the usual stuff for10.99 or 11.99. I'm not paying $17 to not get a buzz).

Back