• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

The 2014 draft class was supposed to be one of the greatest ever. It's not looking so great anymore, there might be 4 busts in the top 10 and no superstars. It's tough to project these things.

The 2014 draft class was supposed to be one of the greatest ever. It's not looking so great anymore, there might be 4 busts in the top 10 and no superstars. It's tough to project these things.

One and done is a big factor in that being true. Knowing they don't have to listen to their HS coaches or college coaches means a lot of kids don't learn fundamentals. For every Lebron who is physically ready Day One, most are a 1-3 years away from being physically or mentally ready to play.

That's fair. Still think next years class is going to be awesome though.

Couldn't OKC do an extend-and-trade if Russell agreed to the destination?

Actually, no reason Russ would want to do that. Never mind.

Do you think Wiggins would be a superstar if he played on a championship caliber team?

Do you think Wiggins would be a superstar if he played on a championship caliber team?

I think he's really similar to DeMar DeRozan. Would you consider him a superstar? Star yes, he's an all-star and on this weakish US Team, but not superstar.

David West to the Warriors on a one year deal. Still hunting for that ring he chased that he gave up $13 million dollars for... That's okay he looked super washed on the Spurs.

David West to the Warriors on a one year deal. Still hunting for that ring he chased that he gave up $13 million dollars for... That's okay he looked super washed on the Spurs.

He shot 55% from the field last year? Is that Super Washed?

He shot 55% from the field last year? Is that Super Washed?

i guess the last thing you see, the thunder series, is the one that stays with you. nice low usage FG% but i still don't think he should play a big role on that warriors team though.

David West was atrocious in the OKC series. Which is why SA signed him was to help win series like that one. Westbrook outjumping him from behind for a rebound at the end of Game 5 was the final straw.

Boris Diaw leaving the Spurs makes me sad. I also thought he was important for small ball against the Dubs, although the Spurs keep losing before they face GSW.

Boris Diaw leaving the Spurs makes me sad. I also thought he was important for small ball against the Dubs, although the Spurs keep losing before they face GSW.

I like ft Boris, but Olivier Hanlan with Pop could be really good.

Maybe Tim is coming back.

I like ft Boris, but Olivier Hanlan with Pop could be really good.

Maybe Tim is coming back.

They are gonna cut Hanlan about 30 minutes after the deal is consummated. Like a bad hook up. Hanlan sux and this is about cutting Boris' salary. I think something happened in the series with the Thunder that pissed off Pop. Seemed very weird that he was suddenly out of the rotation and I seemed to recall he had a good game early and then was gone. Didn't see the court in Game 6. Spurs keep both a tight ship and tight lips, so if anything happened we would never know.

Brice with b2b 23 point games in Summer League. Already attempted two 3s which is more than in 4 years at UNC. Yall watch, he's going to be good. Lots of fouls/TOs so far but that's not unusual.

Watch Detroit's highlights from yesterday. 19-year old Henry Ellenson with a sweet in rhythm 3 and a step back Dirk-esque 2. I really think he's going to be if not THE steal of this draft, then one of them.

17 pts and 10 boards is fantastic production for a college freshman.

I agree that Brice is going to out play his draft spot.

Brice with b2b 23 point games in Summer League. Already attempted two 3s which is more than in 4 years at UNC. Yall watch, he's going to be good. Lots of fouls/TOs so far but that's not unusual.

Makes the Clippers free agency period even more frustrating.

Both the Spurs and the Clippers had glaring needs that needed to be addressed to compete with the dubs and neither one did.

Clippers needed a wing defender and the Spurs needed a PG who can create on offense and doesn't need to be hidden on defense.

Seems like the Clips could have brought in Bazemore or Deng, let Austin and Crawford walk and picked up Jarrett Jack or some other bargain back-up PG and a big man for the vet minimum. The following team would have been a clear upgrade:

PG: Chris, Jack
SG: JJ, Wilcox
SF: Bazemore/Deng, Johnson
PF: Blake, Brice
C: Jordan, Bargain Center who can hit free throws.

Murray could potentially be that PG for the Spurs but that's years away. He looks really raw and he hasn't even signed so he could play in Summer League. Bad way to start off with the Spurs.

Makes the Clippers free agency period even more frustrating.

Both the Spurs and the Clippers had glaring needs that needed to be addressed to compete with the dubs and neither one did.

Clippers needed a wing defender and the Spurs needed a PG who can create on offense and doesn't need to be hidden on defense.

Seems like the Clips could have brought in Bazemore or Deng, let Austin and Crawford walk and picked up Jarrett Jack or some other bargain back-up PG and a big man for the vet minimum. The following team would have been a clear upgrade:

PG: Chris, Jack
SG: JJ, Wilcox
SF: Bazemore/Deng, Johnson
PF: Blake, Brice
C: Jordan, Bargain Center who can hit free throws.

How could the Clippers have afforded Deng's $17M? They are at $77M with eight slots to fill, plus the $12M for Rivers and $14M for Crawford.

Back