• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

It's certainly in the starting line-up, but my pick for worst is Solomon Hill 4/$48M+. Although, that could be fair for a guy who averaged 4.2/2.8.

I would vote for Conley. 31 Million per year for a decent to good point guard. Paying an average player like a superstar for the next 5 years. Grizzlies are happy to be mediocre.

And rj tells me George Hill isn't worth $8 million next year in today's NBA.

I would vote for Conley. 31 Million per year for a decent to good point guard. Paying an average player like a superstar for the next 5 years. Grizzlies are happy to be mediocre.

But he can play. He is a bit overpaid, but he has proven he can play and lead a team to close to 60 wins.

Hill and Crabbe have never proven they can play.

I kinda like what the Nets are doing. Really good, proven players aren't coming to play for a dogshit team with no draft picks. Overpaying RFAs is their best shot at getting young talent.

Top 4/5 in the west = mediocre? Grizzlies have made the playoffs 6 straight years, including this past year with massive injuries and having a revolving door roster. Conley was worth that money to the Grizz, as letting him walk basically meant you have to trade Gasol and start over. Why would you do that? They are a perennial playoff team with a chance to advance in a basketball city that adores the team.

Top 4/5 in the west = mediocre? Grizzlies have made the playoffs 6 straight years, including this past year with massive injuries and having a revolving door roster. Conley was worth that money to the Grizz, as letting him walk basically meant you have to trade Gasol and start over. Why would you do that? They are a perennial playoff team with a chance to advance in a basketball city that adores the team.
Even if you overpay a very good player like Conley, it should be pretty easy to trade that contract if you regret it.

Interesting that Speights got a vet min form the Clips meaning the Warriors just decided not to bring him back. Know they got David West but seems odd they wouldn't bring back a 15mpg guy from last year's team when they still have to fill out the roster.

There were times last year people were talking about Speights getting 8 figures a year. The big man market was insane the first few days, and then became an incredible buyers market.

Interesting that Speights got a vet min form the Clips meaning the Warriors just decided not to bring him back. Know they got David West but seems odd they wouldn't bring back a 15mpg guy from last year's team when they still have to fill out the roster.

There were times last year people were talking about Speights getting 8 figures a year. The big man market was insane the first few days, and then became an incredible buyers market.

i'm hoping it means they think looney and/or jones can give them solid minutes off the bench and have their eyes on a more defensive presence still on the market or via trade. rumors are they didnt even offer him.

yeah i'm sure they didn't offer him, because he wouldn't have left the heavy favorite and uproot to take the same contract elsewhere.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't offer him. they are still one short at 4/5 and will have to pay the same.

I'm surprised Mo Buckets didn't wait for the teams that have to spend some money.

Speights has been fucking the Clips for 5 years now. He just wrecked us when he played with MEM

agreed, watching speights on the grizz/warriors against teams i was pulling for i don't think i ever saw him miss a mid-range jumpshot.

Speights to the Clips

Doc is a GENIUS

yeah i'm sure they didn't offer him, because he wouldn't have left the heavy favorite and uproot to take the same contract elsewhere.

especially such a hated rival.

Speights has been fucking the Clips for 5 years now. He just wrecked us when he played with MEM

agreed, watching speights on the grizz/warriors against teams i was pulling for i don't think i ever saw him miss a mid-range jumpshot.

tumblr_nic8gbOGSO1u27pz3o1_1280.jpg

Back