• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

It will interesting to see if trades are made this week due to the looming lockout.

Cavs announce they are taking Kyrie Irving with the first pick and are shopping the fourth pick.

Pau for Love and the second pick? If I were the lakers, I'd make this trade in about three seconds.

Love would be great in pick and pop. He's a much better rebounder. I'd consider love and Wesley Johnson even.

:rulz: First, how did this pan out? Are you still a Mavs fan or are you done?

Second, :thumbsup:

First off every season of Mavs heartbreak I have ever watched led me to think blowing a 23 point lead in game 3 would end in epic collapse. I have no problems with that statement

Second I also said pre playoffs that the Mavs would either flame out early or made a really deep run. I am just glad it was the latter

NBA owners proposed a $62 million dollar cap today with the MLE and Bird rights. That actually seems like a pretty reasonable offer.

So how many games will the Bobcats win next year? 15? I don't know a ton about the NBA, but that roster looks...unimpressive. No doubt, it's probably the way to go if you're the Bobcats franchise -- bottom out, get a super high pick next year and try to build around that guy with your cap space -- but in the short term that team looks terrible. Bobcats fans are entering a world of pain (if they haven't already entered it).

The team has been woefully managed from the very beginning starting with Stern handing it to Bob Johnson just to have the first black owner in major American sports. Then no one being able to watch the team the first couple seasons because Johnson thought he could replicate BET and make his own sports network. Fail. No one could see it. You had to have digital cable (when very few people had it) and be in Charlotte (we couldn't even get it in Concord). Also holding a naming contest and then deciding against the name that won and naming it after himself. Then the draft mistakes over and over. From Felton over Paul when they could've traded for him, or even Sean May over Danny Granger in that same draft, to Morrison over Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy and others, to Larry Brown drafting Augustin over Brooks and then making it his personal goal to completely destroy Augustin's confidence. Then this year trading away the fan favorite, non stop hustle guy for nothing (and lying to Wallace about it at that)

Frankly, it's amazing the Bobcats even has as many fans as they do. They've made horrendous decision after horrendous decision. I was a huge, huge Hornets fan. Totally loved them. David Wesley and LJ are still my favorite NBA players ever. And all that died as soon as they left. So now I've tried to get into the Bobcats, but it's really hard. It's already impossible to replace what the Hornets were in their heyday, but the Bobcats fucked up any chance of ever being close.

So, that said, they can go ahead and blow up the team and rebuild. It really can't be any worse than what they've done the entire time they've been here

If I'm not mistaken the Nuggets were owned by a partnership of two black guys before the Bobcats came into the league.

If I'm not mistaken the Nuggets were owned by a partnership of two black guys before the Bobcats came into the league.

Really? Didn't know that. Still, the general feeling is that he was given it over others because of his minority status. That could be an incorrect feeling though obviously

Peter Charles Bernard Bynoe (born March 20, 1951) is a Chicago attorney and businessman, the only African-American equity partner in the Chicago office of DLA Piper.[1] In 1989, he and his business partner Bertram Lee were the first African-Americans to buy any part of an National Basketball Association (NBA) team, when they purchased a 37.5% share of the Denver Nuggets basketball team,[2] and he is among the most influential minority figures in sports law and management.[3][4]

Bynoe kept the Chicago White Sox from leaving Chicago by developing a New Comiskey Park (now known as U.S. Cellular Field). He has become a negotiator for professional sports teams' venues. In addition, he is involved in the development of the 2012 Summer Olympics and hopes to be involved in the 2016 Summer Olympics planning.[5] Bynoe serves on several boards of directors.[6]

The owned the largest stake and ran the team.

Back