• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

in some ways, i thought the Nike ad from last fall ("what should I do?") was Phil Knight's way of saying, "you guys really screwed this up, and I now I have to spend a lot of money to try and fix it."

Pretty much. Nike and other his sponsors couldn't believe that Lebron would actually be foolish enough to stab Cleveland in the face, on national TV, so they stayed out of it (not that they were consulted). They must have lost their minds when they saw what he'd decided to do live on ESPN. Millions spent on making Lebron likable and heroic, all flushed down the drain along with Jim Gray.

And Lebron and his team thought the opposite would happen. Delusion. Children. Now he's embracing the heel role because, honestly, what choice does he have? He wants to be adored and "The Chosen One," but he's turned the fans against him by being what fans hate the most: arrogant/cowardly. So then he had two choices: show humility and try to win the fans back, or tell everyone to fuck off and shell up. His immaturity made the decision for him. Check out last night's press conference for an example.

Also, maturity-wise, how clear is it that Bosh and Wade went to college for a bit and Lebron didn't? You grow up some being a college kid out on your own, even if only for a year of two. Gain some perspective. You can easily spot the NBA players who never spent at least one year eating in cafeterias, interacting with their peers, and attending classes. They have no real world perspective at all.

Last edited:
So happy for Dirk and Kidd

I agree with the previous poster that for the Mavs to finally win one after having a stellar decade that just so happens to coincide with Spurs/Lakers Dynasty was rough

I also think the Mavs have a lot of young talent.

Brewer will be a player, Roddy B will get better and better. Dominique Jones is a scorer and with a solid draft pick plus the rights they have to Nick Calathes they can phase their old guys out the next few years

I never post during games. I watch.

So, haven't read thread since well before game, so I have to admit that Jason Terry had one helluva week of basketball. Mavs don't win without he, Barea, and Chandler.

He hit some clutch shots in the 2nd half and had a monster 2nd quarter.

I found myself even smiling on some of his makes. I still don't like him, but wow.

Congrats Mavs fans on here. That was an epic win. I now feel a little cheated out of a Spurs - Mavs or Lakers - Mavs Western Conference Finals though.

I did say before the series I thought the matchups in this series heavily favored the Mavs, but I thought the Mavs were total toast after Game 3.

How 'bout JJ Barea? The new Derek Fisher, only with speed and the ability to get to the rim.

I do very much hate that Deshawn Stephenson can walk through life a champion though, and he's able to claim he was a vital piece to a championship (true). It's like if JR Smith were to win a championship. The world is a slightly darker place now ...

JET.

D1AB1C4120E_full.jpg

Stevenson was a huge part of the Mavs win last night. He came up BIG in the first half when Dirk was ice-cold.

He was also a huge part of the scuffle around halftime. I watched it a few times and he obviously pushed Haslem to start the whole thing. But I think it dies if Mario Chalmers doesn't bumrush Stevenson. All things considered, I knew Stevenson was like that, but didn't know Chalmers was. He was a huge bitch.

In the millennial way to look at a player's talent, does this make Brian Cardinal better than Charles Barkley?

Stevenson was a huge part of the Mavs win last night. He came up BIG in the first half when Dirk was ice-cold.

He was also a huge part of the scuffle around halftime. I watched it a few times and he obviously pushed Haslem to start the whole thing. But I think it dies if Mario Chalmers doesn't bumrush Stevenson. All things considered, I knew Stevenson was like that, but didn't know Chalmers was. He was a huge bitch.

I always take a different view on who starts fights for some reason. Haslem was intentionally walking right into Stevenson with his arm in a raised victory pump. Wasn't enough to punch anyone or something like that, but it deserved a shove to stop Haslem from walking right into him

I always take a different view on who starts fights for some reason. Haslem was intentionally walking right into Stevenson with his arm in a raised victory pump. Wasn't enough to punch anyone or something like that, but it deserved a shove to stop Haslem from walking right into him

Who gives a shit? Stevenson has a tattoo next to his eye of a backward letter. I guess so he can read it in the mirror. And he's a champion. And he was money. Karma is dead.

Either that or Dirk simply had a huge karma payload due for the graceful way he conducts himself on and off the court.

Back