• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

On the plus side, when Stephenson wiggles his adam's apple with his throat, he can make Abe Lincoln talk. Sweet.

I just find the Mavs fragile. Other than Chandler, Dirk, and Kidd, there is nobody on the team I want. I loved butler, and with Butler the Mavs were gonna be scary in the playoffs, but Terry is at best erratic, and worst, he grabs nuts in scrums and goes after the big boys ...

Since Kidd and Chandler are not consistent offensive weapons, that leaves a lot of the scoring in the 4th quarter to Terry, and I just don't like the dude. He says all the right things and then goes back to grabbing nuts when the going gets tough.

If Portland wins game 3 and game 4, and I think they will, then I like Portland in a best 2 out of 3 despite the Mavs having home court.

:plos:

Seriously? I thought it was terrible.

Either way I think the Mavs are done. Or atleast I am done with them.

Blow a 2-0 lead with a chance to win 3 and 4 and blow a 23 point lead in game 4. This team is too soft and old and even if they win this series it will be too long of a series to win another round

Get terry out give me a legit 2 guard and time to retry again

:rulz: First, how did this pan out? Are you still a Mavs fan or are you done?

Second, :thumbsup:

I agree with all of this. And I actually told my buddy that both the play you are mentioning, and the three Terry hit with about a minute left were the plays of the game. The one with a minute left he hit with 11 seconds on the shot clock.

I want Terry gone, and if I was Dirk, I would have gotten in Terry's face and told him to stop stealing Dirk shots in Dirk time

Still want that, given the outcome of Game 6?

This is a fun game..... Hindsight is the best

Edit: Ok I'm done for the night. Could go back and quote some more crow but it's Modern Family DVR time

What is even more fun is going back to deaconsports and looking at the comments after I said "how are the spurs the best team in the NBA when they aren't even the best team in Texas".

I've been on here eating crow. Terry played lights out.

My quote on the Mavs pre-playoffs was fairly spot on - Terry has to score in the 4th quarter for the Mavs to win. Kidd and Chandler, the two guys you can count on standing tall in 4th quarters with Dirk are not scorers. Terry DID score in most of the 4th quarters. He had few bad 4th quarters, and in those games, the Mavs lost each time.

Going into the playoffs, I wouldn't have wanted my team to NEED Terry in the 4th quarter to advance. I'd rather my team need Pao or Manu or Garnett or even Boozer. But Terry outplayed all four of those guys in 4th quarters. Period.

Heck, so did Marion, and Marion has a long history of fading badly in the playoffs. Both guys redeemed themselves and they're champions for life.

Not sure what else you want me to say. It's not like I've been running away from my Orlando - Spurs prediction at all.

Next year, I'll post my predictions again I suppose. You can post, 'Go Mavs or Go [TEAM] if you want, but that's not all that interesting, is it?

Besides being totally untrustworthy, Boozer is vastly overrrated. He never played any D and his offense was a product of Sloan's system.

What's up with the 5-dollar bill tattoo on his neck?:
"I was going to get Martin Luther King and I told Gilbert Arenas. You should never tell nobody your idea. That summer, he came back and got it. So I didn't know who to get. I got Abraham Lincoln because he freed the slaves. I just had Abraham Lincoln and, from a distance, everybody kept saying, ‘Who is that?' So I put the five-dollar bill so everybody would stop asking me."

Back