• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

I feel like that's more directed at the HUGE overreaction about Dirk's illness that the press did

They are idiots. Good call on Lebron just imitating Wade.. It's kind of sad for someone with his talent, riding DWADE's coattails.

You figured the Mav's had to start hitting their shots at some point in the series. Glad it was last night! Hopefully they can keep it going into Game 6.

Carlisle is doing a phenomenal job!

Look it was a great shot. He was open. but the Mavs were up 4 with 30 seconds left. Can he make that shot if the Mavs are down 3? I don't think so.

Barea, yeah, but Terry, no.

Look it was a great shot. He was open. but the Mavs were up 4 with 30 seconds left. Can he make that shot if the Mavs are down 3? I don't think so.

Isn't Terry the one that tied the game at 100 with a three?

Your hate is blinding you. (the same way it does me w/ Bron.) I don't even like JET all that much, but you're being both obstinate and ridiculous. He scored 21 on 8-12 shooting in Game 5 of a tied NBA Finals. That's baller, w/ no caveats.

Barea was 1/10 on threes in the finals before last night. Your premise is gibberish.

Barea has been in a major funk. Last night he finally broke out. He again looked like the guy that slashed the Lakers. I hope this leads to good things in game 6.

I will admit that had Terry missed that 3, I would have been cursing his name. He is the most frustrating/amazing player at the same time. Last night it went in and he was the hero. He has been the goat on several previous occasions.

I am anti-money this year.

I will remind you though when you had your spaz out and swore off the NBA forever - for a week - I predicted Dallas wins the series based on matchups favoring Dallas. Weird to say, but Miami has nobody that can guard JJ Barea

Chalmers is the closest, and probably their most consistent shooter from the floor (Wade lives at the line). But then you have someone that can't guard Terry, and still have to make a choice re: Dirk. In splite of last night, I'd still make Barea beat you from the perimeter; not as likely to happen on the road.

We'll see what kind of a coach Spoelstra is now. He's got some real problems to solve, chief among them has nothing to do with x's and o's.

Isn't Terry the one that tied the game at 100 with a three?

Your hate is blinding you. (the same way it does me w/ Bron.) I don't even like JET all that much, but you're being both obstinate and ridiculous. He scored 21 on 8-12 shooting in Game 5 of a tied NBA Finals. That's baller, w/ no caveats.

Dude - that three that tied to game, he was WIDE open. He could have kissed his hand, slapped his ass, taken a few dribbles, and still gotten off the shot. The one with 30 seconds left was an onions shot, but again, the Mavs were up 4. It was an icing shot, not a game winner.

Sure, my hate is palpable, and I was surprised he hit the second three (I initially confused it with the first one on my first post this AM), but I giggled when he threw the ball straight out of bounds with 4 minutes left and then turned and yelled at JKidd like he was supposed to be there.

I just can't see Terry having a good game on Sunday. Barea, yes.

Barea is hard for Chalmers to keep in front of him.

The mistake James is making is he allowing Terry to blow past him on drives knowing he can catch up and block anything Terry puts up. A few times, he's been too cocky and given Terry too much space, but the problem is even when he's got Terry, Bosh or someone moves over instinctually to help leaving his man open. James isn't getting beat, necessarily, but his cockiness/laziness is opening up the defense for when Terry passes. That's how Terry got wide open on that game tying three. Miami was rotating defenders because they James had initially lost Terry setting up the domino effect of everyone leaving their man to cover the open guy.

It doesn't matter if Chalmers keeps Barea in front of him. Before last night Barea has missed nearly everything.

Plus Barea is making Chalmers a star on offense as well. It's a TERRIBLE matchup for the Mavs.

terry in the clutch this season (per 48 minutes): 38.3 ppg, .506 fg%, .440 3fg%, 94% ft%.

what a scrub.

It's only a matter of time before Terry does something really stupid to cost the Mavs a game. Nutpunch or a foul on a 3 pointer 70 feet from the basket take your pick.

Clutch, uh sure, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

I think Carlisle is doing an amazing job. After Terry's turnover, he yanked him even though he had just gotten into the game. Carlile says "Refocus. You are going right back in"

Hopefully this type of coaching helps keep the bonehead plays to a minimum.

It's only a matter of time before Terry does something really stupid to cost the Mavs a game. Nutpunch or a foul on a 3 pointer 70 feet from the basket take your pick.

Clutch, uh sure, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Thing is, maybe he's already had his mandatory mental midget moment, deciding to roam halfcourt while leaving his man Chalmers all alone in the corner on the game 2 inbounds, and gotten away with it anyway. Or so I'm praying.

There isn't a GM in the NBA (well unless Zeke gets a job) who would choose Barea over Terry to play in crunch time.

Back