• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

If Roddy Buckets is healthy, Barea needs to be traded. They might sucker a bad team into giving the Mavs something for their fifth guard.

Weird stats, hard to follow, and the stats you quoted are for the five on the floor (i.e., including Nowitski), not just Terry.

c'mon old man...it is not that hard to follow.
http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM
those are individual stats for individual players. for example, dirk's stats are:

42 ppg, .458 fg%, .125 3fg% (very small sample size- appears to be 1/8), 89% ft%.

Dallas as a whole was ridiculously good in the clutch as the players 2-6 ranked in order of +/- in the clutch league-wide were their closing 5 (dirk, JET, kidd, chandler, marion). terry and dirk both used roughly the same # of possessions and their stats are pretty close. hard to say terry was not pretty damn clutch this season. he was no slouch in previous years if you want to go back.

c'mon old man...it is not that hard to follow.
http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM
those are individual stats for individual players. for example, dirk's stats are:

42 ppg, .458 fg%, .125 3fg% (very small sample size- appears to be 1/8), 89% ft%.

Dallas as a whole was ridiculously good in the clutch as the players 2-6 ranked in order of +/- in the clutch league-wide were their closing 5 (dirk, JET, kidd, chandler, marion). terry and dirk both used roughly the same # of possessions and their stats are pretty close. hard to say terry was not pretty damn clutch this season. he was no slouch in previous years if you want to go back.

The stats for dirk are why it is a bullshit stat. Just because you can shove a lolipop up your ass doesn't mean you'll be able to taste it.

If Roddy Buckets is healthy, Barea needs to be traded. They might sucker a bad team into giving the Mavs something for their fifth guard.

Barea's an FA this summer, so moot point. He's been an outstanding find/value and fits well here, but with his profile raised in the playoffs, Beaubois in the fold, and Chandler and Butler more important pending FAs to deal with, I'd guess someone else will promise more minutes and money than the Mavs can or should.

I like barea. He's a winner. He was a bit chippy his first two years but so eas derick fisher. Both shouldn't be very good players but they are. Plus barea is balls deep into ms world which counts for something

I like barea. He's a winner. He was a bit chippy his first two years but so eas derick fisher. Both shouldn't be very good players but they are. Plus barea is balls deep into ms world which counts for something

Yep, exactly. Dude is really good on the high pick and roll.

Incredibly gutsy finals performance by the Mavs. They just don't quit.

How is he a "winner"? he's won NOTHING. Coming into last night's game he was 7/24 ;1/10 and under 70% from the FT line in the Finals.

The stats for dirk are why it is a bullshit stat. Just because you can shove a lolipop up your ass doesn't mean you'll be able to taste it.

not saying the stats are infallible, but when you talk about how someone is bound to choke and you can't trust them in close games and the stats say the exact opposite, that means something. the guy has been one of the best clutch players this season. pretty simple.

That's just stupid on their part. How are you going to make fun of someone for being sick after he just beat you?

That's funny cause Lebron was crying about the sniffles during the Bulls series.

Dirk should show up to his press conference with a huge elbow brace to get back at lebron

How about a T-shirt:

A scorebaord showing it's the fourth quarter
Nine players on the court
Caption -Where's Lebron?
In the lower left corner is Waldo-He's not with me

Reading up some draft stuff and former Duke player Lee Melchioni is apparently an agent with Wasserman. He represents Jordan Hamilton in the upcoming draft. Made me LOL for some reason.

Also would anyone be interested in an NBA draft game where everyone has their predictions and there's some kind of scoring system to determine a winner?

It would be similar to the NFL draft and I'd be fine with running it if we get enough people. I figured plenty of people follow the NBA and college to have good predictions.

Dirk Nowitzki has now outscored LeBron James 52-11 in the 4th Qtr this series...including 8-2 tonight

Good thing he is soft

Mavs really need to close out tonight. I don't like their chances with game 7 in Miami.

Back