• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBC: Allies fear Obama leaking intel to Iran

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
Just how badly has Barack Obama and his administration damaged relations with our allies in the Middle East? NBC’s Richard Engel reports that the Sunni nations in the region have begun to fear that the Obama administration leaks intel to Iran as part of its efforts at rapprochement with the mullahs, which is why the US got blindsided by the Saudi-led coalition’s operations in Yemen. The White House’s “incoherence” in policy, Engel reports, has most of them losing confidence in American leadership, according to Engel’s contacts (via Free Beacon):

ENGEL (1:58): I know several people in the US military who were taken by surprise by this [action in Yemen]. Senior officials who would have been expected to know that there was going to be an operation in Yemen, they didn’t. They were finding out about it almost in real time.

And they believe, and some US members of Congress believe, that the reason Saudi Arabia and other states didn’t tell the US that it was going to launch this war against Shi’ite backed, or Iranian-backed rebels in Yemen, is because Saudi Arabia and other countries simply don’t trust the United States anymore, don’t trust this administration — think the administration is working to befriend Iran to try and make a deal in Switzerland, and therefore didn’t think that the intelligence frankly would be secure.

I think that is a situation that is quite troubling for US foreign policy, where traditional allies — like Saudi Arabia, like Egypt, like the United Arab Emirates — don’t know if the US is reliable at this stage to hold onto this information when it comes to Iran.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42571873-nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/

Last edited:
Nothing like partisan fear mongering based on nothing more than conjecture.

Crap "article" posted by crap poster.

You are an idiot if you don't think a report from a news source like NBC (we aren't talking worldnutdaily, etc) is not worth posting.

You will have to speak up because my miracle ear has been on the blink.

Jackass.

Well turnabouts fair play I guess. Whatever will we do without great allies like the UAE and Saudi Arabia?!?! Oh my!!!11

You are an idiot if you don't think a report from a news source like NBC (we aren't talking worldnutdaily, etc) is not worth posting.

You will have to speak up because my miracle ear has been on the blink.

Jackass.

A report that isn't based on any demonstrated facts and relies on unnamed sources that most likely have spent the last 6 years undermining the presidency at every turn?

Stick to picking fiber supplements and your next investment in silver bars.

Don't trust the US anymore, float sharing intelligence rumor with Iran = Fundraising for Israel and the Sunnis.

I brought this to the boards as a topic to discuss. Discussion now is shouted down by the ideologues and political assholes.

Do you really think that if it was completely baseless, NBC would have aired it? You people are too much. It's not from Brian Williams...

The cabal of "it doesn't matter" and "who cares" and "so what" and "they all do it" on here is astounding.

You can't even engage in a discussion about something that is broadcast on NBC because it goes against your narrative and Dem/Obama world view. For gods sake, NBC is Obama's channel. I feel for you...especially since you invoked the 'critical thinking.' Apparently you can not accept anything that goes counter to your preconceptions.

Good luck!

I brought this to the boards as a topic to discuss. Discussion now is shouted down by the ideologues and political assholes.

Do you really think that if it was completely baseless, NBC would have aired it? You people are too much. It's not from Brian Williams...

The cabal of "it doesn't matter" and "who cares" and "so what" and "they all do it" on here is astounding.

You can't even engage in a discussion about something that is broadcast on NBC because it goes against your narrative and Dem/Obama world view. For gods sake, NBC is Obama's channel. I feel for you...especially since you invoked the 'critical thinking.' Apparently you can not accept anything that goes counter to your preconceptions.

Good luck!

Maybe if you wanted discussion, you should have actually have put down your own thoughts, instead of copying an entire article.

But what could you have added? There's nothing to discuss. It's like trying to discuss an "article" that some congressman told a reporter that Obama brushes his teeth with Crest. You're not being "shouted down". You're being told your "article" is worthless because it's made up of nothing substantial or real.

Maybe if you wanted discussion, you should have actually have put down your own thoughts, instead of copying an entire article.

But what could you have added? There's nothing to discuss. It's like trying to discuss an "article" that some congressman told a reporter that Obama brushes his teeth with Crest. You're not being "shouted down". You're being told your "article" is worthless because it's made up of nothing substantial or real.

The bolded part is descriptive of 75% of the posts (from both sides) on this forum. Maybe you should spread your dislike for it around.

Last edited:
Reactions: ONW

Good luck!

Not sure what else you would've expected from this crowd.

I'm sure your response would've been much more measured if he had added his own thoughts.

The bolded part is descriptive of 75% of the posts (from both sides) on this forum. Maybe you should spread your dislike for it around.

I'd like to see the article where you got 75% from. :p

Back