• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBC: Allies fear Obama leaking intel to Iran

The reaction some of you have to anything that may appear to paint the President and his administration in a negative light is amusing.

Is it impossible for some people to NOT make every thing into a Dems vs Pubs issue?

The lack of actual thinking on this board is outstanding at some times. It's like most of you are trying to be parodies. And somehow you are proud of that fact.

Iran has been a battling regional hegemon for a while. The Iran-Iraq balance in the area is what had maintained a large amount of stability. Western intervention dating back over 70 years has really helped undermine a lot of nations in the region (which were already in a precarious spot due to the overwhelming reliance of many nations on oil without the proper infrastructure or ability to refine the oil - although that increased drastically over the 20th century).

Last edited:
The reaction some of you have to anything that may appear to paint the President and his administration in a negative light is amusing.

Eh, you are about as biased in the opposite direction. Just because you aren't a nutjob conservative doesn't mean you don't suffer from a lesser strain of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

And I'll be happy to say that if it turns out that the President has alienated Saudi Arabia, Israel, and others in the middle east just to say he acheived a deal with Iran, that is a big problem. But forgive me for thinking that we might be better off waiting for some actual facts to demonstrate that, rather than rank speculation.

Eh, you are about as biased in the opposite direction. Just because you aren't a nutjob conservative doesn't mean you don't suffer from a lesser strain of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

And I'll be happy to say that if it turns out that the President has alienated Saudi Arabia, Israel, and others in the middle east just to say he acheived a deal with Iran, that is a big problem. But forgive me for thinking that we might be better off waiting for some actual facts to demonstrate that, rather than rank speculation.

Waiting on some confirmation

With all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about?

Isn't it pretty obvious? To hacks like Sig, the only possible reason for any criticism of Obama is Obama Derangement Syndrome. Dems good, Pubs bad indeed.
I have no idea who you are.

With all due respect, what the fuck are you talking about?

With all due respect, you have bitched about the President since before the 08 election.

Fuck Saudi Arabia. They aren't our friends you fucking muppets.

Burr says that America shouldn't have removed all boots from the ground in Iraq and in our absence terrorism has "flourished" in the region and has spread to North Africa and Central Asia.

Seems a little disingenuous to say that those are all attributable to the US pulling out troops.

Discussion on Face the Nation has shifted to the Iran-Iraq regional balance as hegemons. Good point made by Adam Schiff when he says America's destruction of Iraq (and subsequent fallout over the past decade) has thrown off the entire balance of the region. I think this is likely a better point than "our withdrawal" destabilized the region when it was actually our presence in Iraq ever caused the destabilization. Of course the GOP is never going to say that.

Burr says that America shouldn't have removed all boots from the ground in Iraq and in our absence terrorism has "flourished" in the region and has spread to North Africa and Central Asia.

Seems a little disingenuous to say that those are all attributable to the US pulling out troops.

Agreed, but it's definitely a piece of the puzzle. We are largely responsible for destabilizing the region over the last 15 years. Of all the ways W fucked us all, the military action in Iraq might be the worst of all.

Oh I completely agree. I just think the focal point should be on going into Iraq at all, not getting the hell out of dodge. Of course that would require Burr throwing W under the bus instead of the current administration which happens to have a D next to the name.

A strategy of making the world more dependent on American military might is a poor strategy.

I'm fine cutting off the junkies and forcing them to rehab on some American diplomacy.

I find it interesting that this leaked right after it leaked that Israel was leaking info on the the Iran nuclear negotiations. There might be a connection there, but maybe not. Also seemingly relevant is the announcement of the creation of an Arab army right on the heels of this story.

Agreed, but it's definitely a piece of the puzzle. We are largely responsible for destabilizing the region over the last 15 years. Of all the ways W fucked us all, the military action in Iraq might be the worst of all.

And it was a completely unjust war on top of that. One of the biggest foreign policy disasters in our nation's history.

It's amazing that the people on these boards have been educated at a top notch institution like wake.

The Shia and the Sunni are at war and always have been since the great schism. US involvement in the region has been necessary due to the integral link petroleum plays in the modern economy. If we have to be friendly with an oppressive regime (which both the Iranian and Saudi regimes are) I will take the one which has shown a willingness to be an economic partner.

It's amazing that the people on these boards have been educated at a top notch institution like wake.

The Shia and the Sunni are at war and always have been since the great schism. US involvement in the region has been necessary due to the integral link petroleum plays in the modern economy. If we have to be friendly with an oppressive regime (which both the Iranian and Saudi regimes are) I will take the one which has shown a willingness to be an economic partner.

Who are you talking to?

Back