• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBC benching "Community", shuffling other programs

Not saying you're wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Ken Jeoung is not even close to funny and never has been.

Also, Community is decent, but certainly should not be compared to the brilliance of Arrested Development.

I agree with absolutely everything you said here.

+1 i like community a lot, but this season hasn't been the best and whoever compared it to AD is just silly

Yep. I'm a Community homer, but it still isn't anywhere close to AD.

Chaos Theory episode was one of the best.

Was that the housewarming one with the 6 different storylines? That might have been my favorite ep of the entire series.

Community isn't nearly as funny as Arrested, but it's perhaps the most creative show on television.

I agree with absolutely everything you said here.

Yep. I'm a Community homer, but it still isn't anywhere close to AD.

Was that the housewarming one with the 6 different storylines? That might have been my favorite ep of the entire series.

That is the very same one.

Not saying you're wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Ken Jeoung is not even close to funny and never has been.

Also, Community is decent, but certainly should not be compared to the brilliance of Arrested Development.

I was just assuming based on him being the only movie star out of the bunch and probably the most recognizable actor on the show. He very well may not make the most, and he definitely isnt even funny, but he is the most popular.

I was just assuming based on him being the only movie star out of the bunch and probably the most recognizable actor on the show. He very well may not make the most, and he definitely isnt even funny, but he is the most popular.

I get what you're saying. It's just kind of sad that a man whose only apparent skill is being annoying could very possibly be the highest paid actor on the show.

I would have thought Joel McHale would get the most money, since he seems to be the closest thing to a main character that show has.

I know he's old, but how the hell would Chang get more $ than Clark Griswald/Ty Webb?
Chevy Chase gave that show name recognition when it was 1st coming out. Jeong was a nobody when signed to play Senor Chang.

I would have thought Joel McHale would get the most money, since he seems to be the closest thing to a main character that show has.

I know he's old, but how the hell would Chang get more $ than Clark Griswald/Ty Webb?
Chevy Chase gave that show name recognition when it was 1st coming out.

Oh definitely. Chevy Chase is the main reason I gave it a chance after the first episode.

Just saw the first few minutes of Whitney tonight and it was painfully bad. It needs to be put out of its misery.

I could see "snarky", smarmy works too, I confused it with swarmy. (I'm not the tagger)

images

Thought this thread needed a bump. The Christmas episode of Community was great. Had to rewind several times because of laughing over lines.

Parks and Rec is really turning into a very, very good show. They have built a great cast of well-written characters.

When Jerry didn't know about the campaign last night, I nearly crapped my pants.

community was ok; trying too hard again.

P&R was great as usual.

The Office continues to surprise me at this point. I may just have low expectations, but I think the show is doing fine w/out Carrell.

community was ok; trying too hard again.

P&R was great as usual.

The Office continues to surprise me at this point. I may just have low expectations, but I think the show is doing fine w/out Carrell.

I think the Office may be better than the last season. Can't really diminish Carrell's impact, but Helms may be better.

i kind of agree, with no Carrell they've had to refocus on actually making the show funny again as a whole.

I have a tough time thinking a better all around TV show than Parks & Rec. It nails the funny, sweet, and combination of both extremely well. The guest stars are almost always a highlight of the show except the SNL dude who chained himself to Leslie's office. That was dumb.

Ruxin and Bro-lo El Cunado from the league are hilarious as "the Douche" and Dennis Fienstein. Obviously, Joan and Perd are great as well. I didn't even realize until I read Sepinwall that the accountant was one of the people who teaches accounting classes at the rec center who was at the telethon and Leslie's party. Jean Ralphio is always good. The Tammys are strong. And any community forums are hilarious.

They keep Whitney, which barely deserves to even be called a show, and bump Community? Somebody explain to me how that's right

I have a tough time thinking a better all around TV show than Parks & Rec. It nails the funny, sweet, and combination of both extremely well. The guest stars are almost always a highlight of the show except the SNL dude who chained himself to Leslie's office. That was dumb.

Ruxin and Bro-lo El Cunado from the league are hilarious as "the Douche" and Dennis Fienstein. Obviously, Joan and Perd are great as well. I didn't even realize until I read Sepinwall that the accountant was one of the people who teaches accounting classes at the rec center who was at the telethon and Leslie's party. Jean Ralphio is always good. The Tammys are strong. And any community forums are hilarious.

I still think P&R's last season is one of the best ever.

Last edited:
it sounds like community will be back at some point, it defs sucks that it's on hiatus but hopefully they keep it around a few more seasons.

I still think P&R's last season is one of the best ever.

No question. The question is if this season will match it. The election plot could have some legs.

From what I've read, "benched" is an appropriate word for Community. They're going to use it as a 6th man for when one of their new shoes inevitably sucks.

Back