• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Sports HOF: Childress, Steve Smith, McKillop, Nantz ... Wellman???

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
Hadn't seen this posted yet. Yesterday the North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame announced its 60th induction class. It includes Randolph Childress, Steve Smith, Sr. (apparently not to be confused with Steve Smith, Jr.), Bob McKillop, Jim Nantz, and ... Ron Fucking Wellman.

Everyone else on this list seems well-deserving. But fuck Ron Wellman. I'm guessing from an outsiders' view they think it makes sense. But it is tough to select a sports figure to a HOF who is reviled by the majority of his own purported fanbase. This would be like electing George Shinn to the HOF. I don't really get it. But congrats to Chill and the rest of the inductees. Wellman can eat a dick.

Funny enough Bob McKillop was the person who gave Bz his first coaching job. Wonder if Bz will be there. His former assistant, mentor and the person who hired him and was his biggest fan are all getting inducted.

Last edited:
Funny enough Bob McKillop was the person who gave Bz his first coaching job. Wonder if Bz will be there. His former assistant, mentor and the person who hired him and was his biggest fan are all getting inducted.
His team finally wins something

Somebody will have to explain to me what justifies Wellman's induction.

Who's next? Lennox Rawlings? Fred Hikel? Danny Manning? [name redacted]?
I mean Manning will undoubtedly qualify based on his playing career and being from NC. He might already be in but I’m not gonna bother looking it up.

I couldn’t help but put a comment under the IG. Fuck Wellman.

giphy.gif

Back