• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

Great win. Fuck State! Beating them in football soothes my soul.

Just rewound and watched the last TD again. Newman had a guy coming at him untouched, yet he stood tall and delivered the throw on the money. Not bad for your first full game.

Seems we have lost a number of games to the other team's backup QB. Nice to return the favor for once.

Newman was great, let the game come to him.

When was the last time we beat a #14 ranked team.....at their place?

Auburn was ranked #12 when we beat them at home in '79, but don't know of any away games.

Pound-for-pound one of the best wins in a good while for the program. Jamie fucking Newman, I doubt you no more.

Most satisfying win for me since the 9-6 ACC Championship win in Jacksonville vs Ga Tech.

Just rewound and watched the last TD again. Newman had a guy coming at him untouched, yet he stood tall and delivered the throw on the money. Not bad for your first full game.

The advantage ps of 6’ 4” and 225 lbs!!!

I was afraid that we wouldn't allow Newman to throw the ball. When we turned him loose, he made all the throws. And we saw that we have some really tough receivers also.

Wake's last road win over a ranked team

2008 vs FSU

before that

1979 vs UNC

Wow! I can't be prouder of a football team than I am now. They played ugly for almost three quarters, gained confidence and gave themselves a chance to win. Then they made the plays required over the final 18 minutes to prove they earned a win. If the quad isn't covered with TP the students are without hope. Go Deacs. YES!

Oh, it's rolled...

http://webcam.wfu.edu/

Newman !!!!

Hello Newman

Saturday, I said hello to Newman as he and his dad left BBT. His body language did not reflect any joy, but he did say he was healthy. I guess so!!! Enjoyed watching Newman's calm demeanor on sideline and espn interview. Struck me as being quite humble. Another feel good WFU story with a player stepping up when given chance ala Colburn late last year.

Im proud of these guys. It’s games like tonight that remind me why I suffer through the Deacon hardships.

Wasn’t expecting a win tonight. Excited to watch the last two this season.

Cam Glenn was an absolute monster tonight. He made plays all over the field. Also Jasir Taylor has had an incredibly tough season but saved the day by blanketing the receiver on the 4th down play.

Clawson talking about how he wanted to play aggressively and didn’t want to play for a FG. I’m so happy we have coach Clawson.

Wow, I don’t even have words. So happy for our guys. The defense played so well, Newman played so big, the guys just did so good! Thursday night, national TV, on the road against #14 and we get it done! Goes a long way towards making up for the eggs we layed in national TV against BC and Notre Dame. How about Mike Allen, seemed like every time we tackled their RB’s in the backfield he was there.

Back