• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State game 7:30 Thursday

Kudos to everyone obviously but also want to give a shout out to Ruggiero. Didn’t stray too far away from our normal game plan but slowed it down enough to give our defense so rest between series.

Someone can prove me wrong with stats if they’d like, I didn’t look before posting this.

According to what Clawson said after the game, you are correct. His comment was that the coaches didn't tell the players. They practiced fast setup. But they did many more checkdowns, which delayed the snap.

That made the NC State defense setup and prep for the uptempo Wake has run all season, limiting their ability to substitute. The checkdowns allowed Newman and coaches more time to read the defense pre snap and change the play if necessary. So Wake was snapping the ball with 10-15 seconds on the play clock, not 30. Big difference.

Ugh oh I believe that Bachman catch was incomplete watch the ball and the turf towards the end. I can't tell for sure but it looks like he used the ground to push the ball back into is hands

Ugh oh I believe that Bachman catch was incomplete watch the ball and the turf towards the end. I can't tell for sure but it looks like he used the ground to push the ball back into is hands

College catch rules - possession was secured before he hit the ground and it's didn't pop out, it just moved a bit and possession wasn't lost.

TOUCHDOWN!!

Fun fact from the TV guys last night. State has never had a double digit win season or gone to what is considered a major bowl game, we’ve done both and yet they say we’re a high school program???

I think that in 2003, which is the high point of NC State football in the last 40 years, they won 10 games. And most State fans would tell you that the Tax Slayer Bowl is considered a major bowl game. (At least by State fans)

Amari Henderson with 14 tackles and 2 PBU's. Quite the game.

If we can manage to win at least one of the remaining two games, can someone take a stab at what the bowl possibilities are?

I'm riding high, y'all. Beyond gratifying win. Did we seriously stop them on 4th, take the ball over on the 20 yard lien and march it down field 80 yards in 1 min and 39 seconds to beat a top 15 team and rival and their place...With a lot of backup players including a new QB? I don't want to blow my load too much but this is one of those once in every 5-10 years type wins.

If we can manage to win at least one of the remaining two games, can someone take a stab at what the bowl possibilities are?

After relatively good selections the last two years, I'm sure we'd be due for a day-after-Christmas-in-Detroit Bowl.

I think that in 2003, which is the high point of NC State football in the last 40 years, they won 10 games. And most State fans would tell you that the Tax Slayer Bowl is considered a major bowl game. (At least by State fans)
And they had the parade to prove it!

Let's win out.

If we win out with this team as banged up as we are then it would hands down be bigger than last year or any season that we've had since the 06 run, IMO. I just want to get #6 and lock up a bowl game in a season that not many of us though was possible before last night. Clawson is a hell of a coach and out coached Doeren for the second straight year. Just so, so proud of this team and their inability to quit.

Washington does not have good hands.

Washington with another typical Washington play.

washington with some absolute stone hands

Nice freaking drop. Sheesh.

Newman throws a good looking ball.

Dear Lord, we need some more receivers with HANDS!!!!

Running 80% of the time just isn't gonna lead to sustainable drives.

Freaking Scotty has been so disappointing this year.

You gotta catch that!

Washington with the game clinching INT !

state made a tactical mistake going for it on that 4th down Midway through the 4th quarter with a two-score lead. They could have likely punted deep. Giving us the ball at our own 40 significantly increased our win probability

Maybe the TV guys meant they never had a 10 win regular season. Anyway, we've been there, done that.

If we win out with this team as banged up as we are then it would hands down be bigger than last year or any season that we've had since the 06 run, IMO. I just want to get #6 and lock up a bowl game in a season that not many of us though was possible before last night. Clawson is a hell of a coach and out coached Doeren for the second straight year. Just so, so proud of this team and their inability to quit.

The key is this to fuel our guys desire to play harder and even better these last 2 games and not get too happy with ourselves. Enjoy this one until tomorrow, then the guys need to get back together Saturday and focus on Pitt and go ahead and get that 6th win. That way we're going to Durham playing with house money. Honestly I think that may be the attitude they took last night, nothing to lose, and they played loose.

Ok, first off, that was amazing and just completely unlikely. Kids played their hearts out. To get that stop on fourth down, and then drive the field like that, our run D...just awesome.

I have to ask this though. Both during and after the game the "block" by Bachman got pointed out. I've watched it multiple times and it looked like he simply ran his route and then right when Freudenthal catches it, he smacks into two Pack players and we get a TD as a result. Cause if he's actually trying to block there, he got there with split second timing because otherwise that's maybe offensive pass interference cause he would have clearly picked the guy before the ball was caught.

So was he actually trying to block or was it running a route and luckily ended up taking out two guys, unintentionally, or...?

Back