• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

There aren't enough bloody marys and mimosas in the state of North Carolina to inspire even the briefest of visits to the Joel next Saturday.

Two things:

First: 1996...remember tearing down posts when we upset ranked Northwestern led by Kuklick... that was awesome

Second... if beat Clemson... somebody’s gotta try to get down and tear down goal post... worst case scenario... u make Tv and probably get a Cmon man from Randy Miss on Mon nt!!

Fuck, was that '96? Damn. I was there as a 9 year old with my family, definitely rushed the field. Remember NW as ranked around 14 at the time? My memory says Desmond Clark made a diving TD catch ion the end zone by the hill (we were in the West stands right there) to take a slim lead before we picked them off to win. So much fun.

Does anyone have two cheap tickets they would like to get rid of for the State game? The wife and I were thinking of coming up - kind of last minute...
Alternatively, what do you think the scalping situation will be like in the parking lot - will there be people looking to unload extras for next to nothing?

Also, looking at hotels, everything is sold out anywhere in Winston - what is going on? I am assuming it is not all just from our game since I wouldn't think we bring that many people to town??

Last edited:
Furniture Mart in High Point caused the hotel situation. Look near GSO

Does anyone have two cheap tickets they would like to get rid of for the State game? The wife and I were thinking of coming up - kind of last minute...
Alternatively, what do you think the scalping situation will be like in the parking lot - will there be people looking to unload extras for next to nothing?

Also, looking at hotels, everything is sold out anywhere in Winston - what is going on? I am assuming it is not all just from our game since I wouldn't think we bring that many people to town??
WINSTON is BIG Time these days. City of Innovation and the Arts they say. 3 new downtown hotels have opened in last year or so.

I have 4 hill tickets available for the game (the rest of the season in fact). Some people inquired about tickets earlier in the thread. Send me a PM.

Go on airbnb and find a place

After securing 4 now looking for at least 1 tix on Deacon Hill so Grandaddy can join the rest of the future Wake Foresters on the Hill. PM me please. Thanks forensicdeac!

Go on airbnb and find a place

We have a plan - now we just need tickets to the game. We want to go to a couple of wineries west of town after the game and are either going to stay in a B&B in some little town out there or the Hampton at Bermuda run... Trying to make it a day... But we have no tickets at this point...

If you're staying 20-30 minutes away, why not just drive back to Cary ?

Obviously we could do that - and may end up doing so... we were just trying to make it more of a fun, full day. So far we aren't having any luck getting a line on tickets anyway.

We're seeing some Tix on Craigslist but they are in the visitor's section - must be some State fans disappointed in how their season is going... Hate to but may end up sitting over there...

Obviously we could do that - and may end up doing so... we were just trying to make it more of a fun, full day. So far we aren't having any luck getting a line on tickets anyway.
I can count on one hand the number of times since I was born when it has been difficult to buy 4 tickets together under face value in the lot...this will not be one of those times.

I can count on one hand the number of times since I was born when it has been difficult to buy 4 tickets together under face value in the lot...this will not be one of those times.
For that matter, there are groups of tickets in almost every section in the stadium from the Wake box office if you aren't willing to buy in the lot. Just looked.

Back