• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

For that matter, there are groups of tickets in almost every section in the stadium from the Wake box office if you aren't willing to buy in the lot. Just looked.

I realize that - we were just hoping a Wake fan had some extras for cheap for a fellow fan... $55 for high seats on the visitor's side doesn't feel like a great deal. And we're too old to sit on the hill! Ha!

State will start RS Frosh QB Devin Leary on Saturday.

Will be his first career start. He played mop up duty against FSU and Cuse. His only extended PT came against BC after BC jumped to an early lead. Leery completed 15/33 for 259 and 3 TDs against BC. Realize WF's history against untested QBs, including L'ville's Evan Conley two weeks ago, is spotty. Even so, would think that WF should be able to force TOs.

Last edited:
If they are as poor against the Run against us as they were against BC they're in deep trouble

No doubt State fans are thinking about returning the favor from last year with their first time starter.

With a week off and little to lose, the Pack are going to throw everything that they've got at WF.

None of the following should be a surprise:

- On-side kick
- Fake punt and/or FG
- The trick plays that this Board's faithful have been asking for
- Wildcat and other weird formations
- Unconventional decisions to go for it on 4th down
- Aggressive defensive calls (assuming Jamie starts, the Pack defense will be targeting his left shoulder).

State is going to take chances. WF should be able to take advantage.

With a week off and little to lose, the Pack are going to throw everything that they've got at WF.

None of the following should be a surprise:

- On-side kick
- Fake punt and/or FG
- The trick plays that this Board's faithful have been asking for
- Wildcat and other weird formations
- Unconventional decisions to go for it on 4th down
- Aggressive defensive calls (assuming Jamie starts, the Pack defense will be targeting his left shoulder).

State is going to take chances. WF should be able to take advantage.
So it'll be good practice for when we play Duke.

Leary getting the start at QB. Third different QB starter of the season. State fans on twitter seem to believe he’s the best of the three (and to be fair have said this for a month or so)

If they are as poor against the Run against us as they were against BC they're in deep trouble

They aren't usually. I'd expect our run game to look more like it did against FSU than against UL.

We are going to have to win this one throwing the ball.

No one. I mean, if we execute well at all on offense we should win this game fairly easily, even if our defense gives up four touchdowns to a thrid string quarterback.

No one. I mean, if we execute well at all on offense we should win this game fairly easily, even if our defense gives up four touchdowns to a thrid string quarterback.

#stylepoints

Wake should win this one. If we lose, I'd consider it an upset. The players still have to play their ass off and execute, but we actually have better players and better coaches this year.

With 4 star New Jersey recruit Devon Leary starting at QB at State, it is time for veterans Henderson, Davis and Bassey to make his decision making very difficult. Need total DL pressure all day but if the DBs don't keep the pressure up then D Linemen like Basham will not get any sacks, only hurries. Leary is by far their best QB which State has been looking for all season. As usual they've found him just in time for Wake Forest. And State will be taking chances the entire game to make up any major difference in the score.

Back