• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

I feel like this game will be more like Louisville (maybe 42-39) than a blowout win.

Too many variables, including Doeren on the hot seat if he loses to "Weak Forest."

State fans, not Tau, but most, absolutely expect to beat Wake every single game.

I agree they are putting together a wild game plan with fake junk, and trickeration to do anything possible to win this game and resurrect their crap season.

Also, look for Doeren and Co. to pull a Satterfield and be right in the REFEREE's face from the opening kickoff screaming, whining and complaining with no filters --- Clawson needs to establish prior to kickoff that is not acceptable.

Not this year according to the vast majority on Pack Pride

Yeah most State fans I know think their team is garbage this year. All I've heard is pessimism.

Looking for 3x tix on West Side + 1 Blue Lot pass if there are any available on the boards please PM me! Thanks in advance!

Only because they have developed a mental complex over the fact they're 1-7 in the last eight games played in Winston.
They've grown very nervous and borderline defeatist about playing in Winston... even when they're actually good.
Which they are not this year. So it's worse.

I am looking for 4 tickets and a parking pass to take the grandkids all Deac fans.
PM please

Last edited:
Lind of a weird last paragraph. I dont think clawson cares what goes on on the other sideline. He has been a yeller himself since game 1. He has calmed down a little bit, but some of that is success and pace. No time!

Satterfield went nuts and that led to no-calls, widely reported, on Louisville DB's who were holding our guys. And other bad calls. I do not want Claw to "calm down" one bit.

More Odom, less Manning.

More yelling at refs, less Grobe or Gentleman Jim C. Take the gloves off and stop assuming we are going to blow out State (of course I hope we do).

Hah, just wait to see them after we beat them. They absolutely cannot stand losing to LOWF. Almost as bad as UNC (they have this weird respect for UNC around recruiting). They don't respect us 1 bit - don't let them fool you.

Trust me --- I know them well.

Hah, just wait to see them after we beat them. They absolutely cannot stand losing to LOWF. Almost as bad as UNC (they have this weird respect for UNC around recruiting). They don't respect us 1 bit - don't let them fool you.

Trust me --- I know them well.

exactly %100

No doubt they don't think they SHOULD lose to a 6k student private school with recruiting challenges. But they most definitely think they WILL lose this year due to key player graduation, significant injuries and Wake having a good team.

5102 undergrad enrollment as of Fall 2018. It was just a matter of time for Hatch who has us past 5000 undergrad enrollment now.

Satterfield went nuts and that led to no-calls, widely reported, on Louisville DB's who were holding our guys. And other bad calls. I do not want Claw to "calm down" one bit.

More Odom, less Manning.

More yelling at refs, less Grobe or Gentleman Jim C. Take the gloves off and stop assuming we are going to blow out State (of course I hope we do).

I would argue that the impact that coaches yelling at refs has is one of the biggest myths in sports. If a coach asks a ref to more closely watch a specific player’s holding or whatever, the ref might look into that. If the coach is screaming about a call that already happened, the ref isn’t going to change anything and likely doesn’t give a shit.

I would argue that the impact that coaches yelling at refs has is one of the biggest myths in sports. If a coach asks a ref to more closely watch a specific player’s holding or whatever, the ref might look into that. If the coach is screaming about a call that already happened, the ref isn’t going to change anything and likely doesn’t give a shit.

Disagree completely. Make-up calls happen in every sport. The more respected the coach is, and the more he gets on the officials, the more likely he is to get them (typically).

Disagree completely. Make-up calls happen in every sport. The more respected the coach is, and the more he gets on the officials, the more likely he is to get them (typically).

What defines a make-up call? A call that a referee views as incorrect but made in order to appease a coach that yelled at him about a previous play? I find it hard to believe that's a commonplace thing.

If by make-up call you mean that a referee becomes hyperalert about a particular penalty that the coach got onto him about (holding, roughing the passer, etc), and sees/calls it correctly next time, then sure. But even then I don't think that's super common, considering a football coach can only effectively yell at one of what, seven referees?

I've noticed it many times in various games (NCAA and NFL) this year. For example, a team will get the rough end of a call, maybe a turnover, and the other team will get a holding penalty called on them on the immediate next set of downs (sometimes literally the next down) to seemingly "even the score". It happened twice in the Steelers/Dolphins game this week. There's no chance it's always just a coincidence.

And if you don't think it happens in basketball, specifically college basketball, specifically when Duke is playing, then I don't know what to tell you.

I would call it more overstated than an outright myth.
Does it work universally? No.
However, there's plenty of variables that can lead to some coaches finding it an advantage. Especially in their home arenas/stadiums.
And furthermore, some coaches take advantage of the widespread perception of validity of the idea to benefit from it. The smartest do both.
Primest Example: Coach Fuckin' K

I've noticed it many times in various games (NCAA and NFL) this year. For example, a team will get the rough end of a call, maybe a turnover, and the other team will get a holding penalty called on them on the immediate next set of downs (sometimes literally the next down) to seemingly "even the score". It happened twice in the Steelers/Dolphins game this week. There's no chance it's always just a coincidence.

And if you don't think it happens in basketball, specifically college basketball, specifically when Duke is playing, then I don't know what to tell you.

It's definitely in basketball significantly more, but I didn't think that's what we were really discussing here.

I just don't think that's a thing in football with the way refereeing is set up and distributed between so many refs in a single game. These guys get graded by the league they work for based on the calls that they make, I seriously doubt a large portion of them are making calls they think are wrong intentionally for any purpose, especially to appease a coach for a call that the ref previously made and stuck with because they believed it to be correct. The balancing it out theory makes sense until you consider the perspective of the refs, who have no real incentive to do that.

It happened twice in the Steelers/Dolphins game this week. There's no chance it's always just a coincidence.

Eh. It's far more likely that was just because the fucking Stillers and Fish suck balls.

Back