• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Hissy Fit

I’m not that impressed by someone trying to claim that they won a game that they didn’t even play.

I mean, it's fun to make fun of State, but do we need to bring up some posts on here reacting to the news A&M pulled out of our game over a week before it was to be played? They have every right to be pissed. Dumb thread.

Doeren’s comment about NCAA wouldn’t be commentary made by Clawson. But it would be a comment a poster would make.

Even the wolpfack ad said on P&D that they have 10 wins?! :confused:

Ya 'gotta be in it to win. It.

According to Yahoo Sports, their record is 9-3.
I think Pack fans are using woke logic. Ie. They ‘identify’ as 10-3, therefore they are.

I’m not that impressed by someone trying to claim that they won a game that they didn’t even play.

I would be highly embarrassed if Clawson was parading around claiming an 11th win for a game that didn't happen. That is just so weak from DD and State fans. Just shows you how delusional that fan base is. Hard to explain to them that they can’t claim a win because your opponent gets Covid AND claim a win in baseball when your opponent is “too scared to play”. State is truly the dumb cousin of the Big 4.

State and Doeren have every right to be upset. I have found the rants from Doeren refreshingly honest (and quite funny) - definitely not your typical coach speak. Our fanbase would be just as pissed if Texas A&M would have dropped out of the Gator Bowl late tonight or tomorrow morning. And yes, Clawson would have handled it publicly with more class.

It is one thing to be pissed, and we would be. Clawson would have been pissed we lost the opportunity for an hour 11th win. I don’t think he would have claimed the win. He knows how hard he has worked to build this. He isn’t the type to cheapen it with imaginary accomplishments.

If, say, Norfolk state had forfeited our game in September because a stomach bug swept through their team, would we have counted it as a win in our official record book?

It is one thing to be pissed, and we would be. Clawson would have been pissed we lost the opportunity for an hour 11th win. I don’t think he would have claimed the win. He knows how hard he has worked to build this. He isn’t the type to cheapen it with imaginary accomplishments.

Well said. And 100% on point

Can we please delete this fucking thread? NCSU has every right to be pissed off and deservedly so. We don’t need a thread making fun of them, at least not for what happened with their bowl. I mean good God, people. Need I remind you how many pages of bitching/moaning/whining there were on these boards about the freaking Kenny Pickett fake slide in the ACC Champ game? It’s fucking embarrassing. Keep this to cheering on our Deacs and supporting Wake athletics.

Can we please delete this fucking thread? NCSU has every right to be pissed off and deservedly so. We don’t need a thread making fun of them, at least not for what happened with their bowl. I mean good God, people. Need I remind you how many pages of bitching/moaning/whining there were on these boards about the freaking Kenny Pickett fake slide in the ACC Champ game? It’s fucking embarrassing. Keep this to cheering on our Deacs and supporting Wake athletics.

Nah.

This reads like a … hissy fit

Back