• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State - Wake Forest Game Thread

Seriously, one needs to raise their daughters the right way and show them top priority for the future job market. Are they lookers or what? Do they have Hooters potential or are they more the Perkins variety?
Too young to tell yet. Maybe they like wings. Ronnie's has better wings and more of a family atmosphere though .

The Russell Wilson story is completely true. Wilson came down to camp at Wake and bowled them over and was hoping for and would've accepted a Wake offer. However, the Wake QB coach just never called Wilson after he got home and Wake "fell off the radar!"

Private school kid, used to tough academics, squeaky clean, hell of an athlete. Not perfect for Wake or anything.

Grobe fooled so many of us for so long,

Not getting Andre Williams baffles me. He went to my high school, and he wanted to go to a school with good academics and pre-med. How BC saw to it but we didn't infuriates me to this day.

That is a great article and illustrates the difficulty in chasing stars. NC State basically took Wilson after missing on everyone else and NC, UVA and VTech took 4 and 5 star kids who never panned out. There is a little more to the Wilson story which included an ACC Rookie of the Year from Jacksonville named Riley Skinner. From what I heard down in Jacksonville the staff was looking for an athlete who might be able to help elsewhere with Brett Hodges as a solid number 2. Lets be honest, for those who were around then, Skylar Jones was a kid who had good offers and great speed. If we had taken some 2 star kid from Richmond, the board have erupted. Credit NC State for taking him late, but basically everyone else missed the boat on that one. I don't follow recruiting close enough, but there are more misses on QB's than any other position when you look at the NFL draft.

NCSU let Wilson play baseball too. Grobe would not have done that.

State didn't take him late. They received a commitment from him during the summer before his senior year. As I heard it, Wake never thought they were in it with him. It was going to be Duke or State either way. I don't know this for a fact, but I would guess having Skinner ahead of him for a few years wasn't an attractive thought.

You are right about the timing. Funny thing when I looked up his high school profile they had a list of comparable QB's and former WFU wideout Danny Dembry was one of the 3. Dembry was a 2 star QB as well.

Hinton and Russell Wilson are basically the same size, right? Hinton got a decent amount of hype for a 3* dual threat

Back