• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Football 12 - Released tonight at midnight!

Is it better to offer a guy early on or wait to offer him the schollie?

From past experience, I've noticed you don't want to offer until you are they're top school.

In my Dynasty I started today, 3 games in, I have offered four guys that had Wake listed as their top choice. 2 instantly accepted, one gave me a +200 and said he'll flip a coin, and the other gave me +130 and said his dog told him to wait.

I've barely started a dynasty. In the past, I've had some success going hard after 4* players with Wake in their Top 10. By success, I mean if I went hard after 8 early, I'd get a bite from maybe 2 or 3, but that's 2 or 3 more than I would have gotten anyway.

3* with Wake in their Top 3 are just a crapshoot unless this game doesn't have the crap where you sit at 2000 points and just sit there while other teams catch up.

I started a dynasty and did get one player I led for to accept a scholarship early. That was a good way to get 1 or 2 guys last year, but I never knew if there was some sign to offer early or wait a few weeks, maybe to extend the lead.

353121732.jpg

Anybody created their own playbook yet? I made a few based on some Pro style playbooks, but I didn't like them. I don't want to waste an hour or so sifting through plays, but I don't want to waste an hour sifting through the playbooks to find a base I like either.

I'm looking for one with a good number of I-formation and offset I sets with some 4 WR ace and shotgun sprinkled in.

I think the run heavy offense is good. The Maryland I is comical in the amount of blocking you get. I love to run it on this game.

Unfortunately, you can only create a custom playbook using team playbooks.

My strategy has always been jump on the higher quality players first with 1 hour each time up front. Its helped a bunch. After I either land or lose those other players, I'll go down to the lower rated players who still have me high on their wish list.

I always offer a scholarship first thing to get a jump on the elite schools. Should I change my strategy?

I always offer a scholarship first thing to get a jump on the elite schools. Should I change my strategy?

If I'm in the lead I like to wait till Week 3 or 4 to offer. However if I'm not even on their list I offer immediately to try to break my way in.

Giving the scholarship early if you have no chance to get a commit doesn't help because the big school still has a ton of points at their disposal to try to catch up to you.

Giving the scholarship early if you have no chance to get a commit doesn't help because the big school still has a ton of points at their disposal to try to catch up to you.

I only recruit players if I am at least in their top 10 at the beginning of the season, so the chance of getting a commit doesn't disappear until later in the season, when another team has taken a commanding lead in points.

But sometimes those schools won't offer. Every class, at least in the older versions, had a few 4-star kids that wouldn't receive offers from teams in their Top 10. If you go all out to get them sometimes you can get them to pop.

Last edited:
Right. That other team has taken a commanding lead because they have the scholarship in their back pocket.

And given our horribly low ratings in everything but academics and playing time depending on the player, it looks risky to get involved anytime we'll more than a 100 back of the leader.

Yeah normally if you wait until after Week 4 you can find the 4-star kids that don't have any offers. Regardless of how bad your school is, offer a few of them, especially ones in your pipeline. You'll normally get one or two to place you in their Top 10. Once that happens go over the top and lock them up ASAP.

Back