• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

I feel like y'all just want to shit on Edey (for whatever reason) and he's like reason number 27 of why Purdue is down right now.

They aren't hitting 3s. Or shooting them.
4 isn't doing shit like he has earlier this tournament. Same for his replacement in 0.
Smith has 9. Jones has 3. Loyer has 0.

Edey has 20. UCONN is just better overall on the court. Simple as that.

Edey has to be gassed as well. He's never rested and is posting up every possession and now being doubled when he catches.

UCONN is relentless. My goodness.

I don't think they are a great team of all time but they are certainly the best team I've seen this year.

I feel like y'all just want to shit on Edey (for whatever reason) and he's like reason number 27 of why Purdue is down right now.

4 isn't doing shit like he has earlier this tournament. Same for his replacement in 0.

I don't think anyone is saying Edey is a bad or even not an elite college player - the discussion (unless i misread it) was that his game won't translate to the NBA, in part because he is slower than the NBA game now.

UCONN is relentless. My goodness.

I don't think they are a great team of all time but they are certainly the best team I've seen this year.
They’ve barely had to sweat to (likely) repeat as national champs. They’re in the GOAT discussion at least.

I don't think anyone is saying Edey is a bad or even not an elite college player - the discussion (unless i misread it) was that his game won't translate to the NBA, in part because he is slower than the NBA game now.
I can't comment to that last point because I don't watch the NBA hardly at all

But comments in this thread are blaming Edey for coming off his man (a backup) to provide help to a guard that just blew by his mark and giving up a lob dunk. It's an absurd criticism, IMO.

They’ve barely had to sweat to (likely) repeat as national champs. They’re in the GOAT discussion at least.
The closest game they’ve had in the two title runs was the Miami final 4 game last year and that was still a 13 point victory. Unreal

They’d be going for a three peat next year were it not for our surging DEACS

96 Kentucky would murder this UCONN team

2019 UNC would toy with them

Do y'all not remember how good those teams were?

2002 Maryland too. or 2003 with Melo?

And I'd certainly take 1990 UNLV over this UCONN team in a hypothetical matchup.

what?

I don’t see anyone blaming Edey for Purdue losing

we were discussing his pro prospects

No. They aren't

That is recency bias that you are guilty of
Which recent teams would you take over them? In the past 20ish years is I think I'd have them behind 2012 Kentucky and ahead of 2007 Florida and 2008 Kansas. That's definitely getting into the goat tier of teams.

Which recent teams would you take over them? In the past 20ish years is I think I'd have them behind 2012 Kentucky and ahead of 2007 Florida and 2008 Kansas. That's definitely getting into the goat tier of teams.
96 Kentucky is the best team I've ever seen

They would murder this UCONN team.

96 Kentucky would murder this UCONN team

2019 UNC would toy with them

Do y'all not remember how good those teams were?

2002 Maryland too. or 2003 with Melo?

And I'd certainly take 1990 UNLV over this UCONN team in a hypothetical matchup.
2019 UNC????

Purdue isn't a bad team, it's just that they're basically Edey and a supporting cast of decent role players. UConn is far more balanced and talented overall, imo. Edey can't beat UConn all by himself, and it seems clear that the rest of his team just isn't up to the task of giving him much help, at least not against this level and quality of opposition.

Back