• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Villanova and Duke are p good.

I'd say a year like this is pretty normal based on recent history regarding how good teams are at the top. Not 2015 where you had a bunch of teams separate themselves and we had 3 1-seeds in the Final Four, but that was the outlier

West Virginia will give Villanova all they can handle. Also, both Purdue and Texas Tech are tough. Villanova looks great, but they have a tough path this weekend.

Can't believe Duke gets to play Cuse to advance to the Elite 8. Watch Clemson upset Kansas, and Duke will get to the final 4 having played: Iona, URI, Cuse and Clemson.

Last edited:
West Virginia will give Villanova all they can handle. Also, both Purdue and Texas Tech are tough. Villanova looks great, but they have tough path this weekend.

Can't believe Duke gets to play Cuse to advance to the Elite 8. Watch Clemson upset Kansas, and Duke will get to the final 4 having played: Iona, URI, Cuse and Clemson.

If those four games were in Cameron, that would be a reasonable guess at Duke’s schedule over Christmas Break.

Only equivalent or possibly easier one I remember was 2001 Michigan State -- 16 Alabama State, 9 Fresno State, 12 Gonzaga, 11 Temple.

Doesn't seem like there's been a tournament this crazy since the pod system was developed. Guess that didn't completely kill the possibility for an absurd tournament

I thought the pod system was supposed to keep teams closer to home? UNC benefited of course. But Clemson, CoC, and Auburn in San Diego?

Also, random, just love watching Vice President of Under NCAA Investigation, Bruce Pearl, just get absolutely ROUTED, after he spent most of the week calling CoC "floppers." And the main "flopper" he was picking on, was injured, so he was picking on an injured guy. Douchey move.

Pearl, what an a-hole.

I thought the pod system was supposed to keep teams closer to home? UNC benefited of course. But Clemson, CoC, and Auburn in San Diego?

top seeds have priority - everyone can't play in charlotte. UVA first, then UNC, by the time it got to Auburn or Clemson someone had to play in San diego.

top seeds have priority - everyone can't play in charlotte. UVA first, then UNC, by the time it got to Auburn or Clemson someone had to play in San diego.

The bigger problem this year is that there were no good west coast teams beyond Gonzaga or Arizona. Once they got put in Boise, the last remaining top 4/5 seeds (Auburn, Wichita State, Clemson, West Virginia) were stuck in San Diego because all the remaining top-4 teams had already been placed closer to home.

The bigger problem this year is that there were no good west coast teams beyond Gonzaga or Arizona. Once they got put in Boise, the last remaining top 4/5 seeds (Auburn, Wichita State, Clemson, West Virginia) were stuck in San Diego because all the remaining top-4 teams had already been placed closer to home.

West Coast should forfeit right to host future tournament games due to lack of competition. It's not like they hold the field hockey championships in California.

I would come out of a bench huddle after a late timeout and announce on national TV.

If those four games were in Cameron, that would be a reasonable guess at Duke’s schedule over Christmas Break.

You can only play what's given to you in a tournament situation. Who would have thought #5 seed Kentucky would have 1 UVa, 2 Cincinnati, 3 Tennessee & 4 Arizona lose before the Sweet 16. Can't get a bigger break than that. Duke still has Kansas at 1 & Clemson at 5. Just last week many on here were whining about the easy road UNC had but I kept saying it was tough! But no, I was called a Carolina homer.........

I knew UVA had redshirted a couple of highly ranked (Top 100) players, but didn't know Villanova has done the same thing (Mikal Bridges being the best example).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/with-six-redshirt-players-villanova-basketball-is-more-plus-one-than-one-and-done/2017/12/19/6c1e7cdc-df76-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.cc3e8ca519b6

I know we aren't in a position to do that, but it clearly helps when a guy isn't ready to contribute as a freshman (and you aren't going to play him anyway).

Michigan having an electric half. A&M coach doing his best Manning impression holding onto his timeouts while his team gets buried by 3's. 7 different Michigan players hit a 3 in the first 12 mins :eek:

Why don't we wanna hire the Ramblers corch?

He appears to be a Majerus disciple. I loved that guy.

Back