• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

One of FSU/KSU/Loyola/Michigan will be playing for the national championship.

Cal just said, “well I’ve got a really young team.” No fucking shit lol.

1507122ba16abb92c6632d16f7a04b30.jpg

I imagine we’d see a lot of posts like this if Manning took us to the Elite 8.

(Just the punching in the face part)

When was the last time Wake made the Elite 8? (naw, not that one..the one where you don't have to play on the first day of the ACC tournament).

FSU is such an interesting case this year.

Hamilton had never been to an Elite 8 before, and I know a number of FSU fans that were done with him after last year.

They lose Bacon, Isaac, and Rathan-Mayes to the NBA and somehow end up as good as last season (w/ a better result in the NCAA tourney). It's not like they brought in any studs this year... MJ Walker was their top recruit he's scored 8 points total in 3 NCAA games. MJ Walker was ranked slightly better than Chaundee Brown, and has had a VERY similar season in terms of minutes and points per game. FSU has just had some more veteran players (Cofer, Mann, Angola-Rodas) step-up into bigger roles w/ much more success than they had in limited roles.

Queens University lost in the Division II Final Four in double OT last night, so I guess we won't be able to definitively say that we're better than the Div II champion.

FSU is such an interesting case this year.

Hamilton had never been to an Elite 8 before, and I know a number of FSU fans that were done with him after last year.

They lose Bacon, Isaac, and Rathan-Mayes to the NBA and somehow end up as good as last season (w/ a better result in the NCAA tourney). It's not like they brought in any studs this year... MJ Walker was their top recruit he's scored 8 points total in 3 NCAA games. MJ Walker was ranked slightly better than Chaundee Brown, and has had a VERY similar season in terms of minutes and points per game. FSU has just had some more veteran players (Cofer, Mann, Angola-Rodas) step-up into bigger roles w/ much more success than they had in limited roles.

Hamilton has stated that he thought the chemistry on this year's team was a lot better than last year's team.

1507122ba16abb92c6632d16f7a04b30.jpg

I imagine we’d see a lot of posts like this if Manning took us to the Elite 8.

(Just the punching in the face part)
Amazing how some teams can still win despite losing their best player. It's almost as if having a coach who knows how to coach defense has something to do with it. Crazy.

Kudos to Leonard Hamilton for his first elite 8. There are many that doubt his coaching chops, and he has had far more talented teams flame out early in the dance. Another example of the unpredictability of the tournament.

FSU really stumbled to the finish of this season. FSU finished the season 1-3, including a 20 point loss to State, a 13 point loss to Clemson and an one and done appearance in the ACC tournament with a 8 point loss to L'ville. There was nothing to indicate that FSU was about to make an NCAA run.

Michigan is going to crush FSU, IMO.

Hamilton has stated that he thought the chemistry on this year's team was a lot better than last year's team.

Hoping that can be us next season.

I listened to "Basketball & Beyond w/ Coach K" last night on Sirius... I usually avoid that show like the plague, but he had Tony Bennett on. Lots of discussion (and praise from K) on the chemistry of Virginia's team this year... Two senior leaders (Hall & Wilkins) that weren't the best players, but were the unquestioned leaders of the team. It'd be nice if we had that w/ Crawford & Moore next year.

As an aside, that show makes it tough to hate K... He sounded pretty genuine in his praise of Bennett. Also, I had no idea Tony Bennett was one of the best (if not the best) 3 point shooters in NCAA history... 49.7% in his career (290 for 584).

I remember the days where this board made all kinds of cracks about Bruce Weber and his coaching acumen. Its almost as if us fans might be wrong about coaches from time to time.

Kudos to Leonard Hamilton for his first elite 8. There are many that doubt his coaching chops, and he has had far more talented teams flame out early in the dance. Another example of the unpredictability of the tournament.

FSU really stumbled to the finish of this season. FSU finished the season 1-3, including a 20 point loss to State, a 13 point loss to Clemson and an one and done appearance in the ACC tournament with a 8 point loss to L'ville. There was nothing to indicate that FSU was about to make an NCAA run.

Michigan is going to crush FSU, IMO.

I'm glad FSU won; but I kept thinking as I watched that FSU should be better than they were...they have so much length and athleticism. I don't know if there is a more athletic team in America.

You're right, I fear. Michigan is likely to crush them. Hope not.

Back