• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

I don't believe Kansas State has one top 100 player on its team. Not many are even in the 100-200 range.

Wonder how Illinois feels to see the coach that they fired take K State to the Elite 8 (and they will be favored to go the Final 4)?

In his 9 years at Illinois, Weber took the Illini to the NCAAs 6 times, including a NC game appearance; he had one losing record in 9 years and won 20 or more games 7 times while in Champagne. In the 7 years since Weber was fired, Illinois has made the NCAA tourney one time, they have won 20 games twice (both times with Weber players), and have had losing records twice in the last 3 years.

Wonder how Illinois feels to see the coach that they fired take K State to the Elite 8 (and they will be favored to go the Final 4)?

In his 9 years at Illinois, Weber took the Illini to the NCAAs 6 times, including a NC game appearance; he had one losing record in 9 years and won 20 or more games 7 times while in Champagne. In the 7 years since Weber was fired, Illinois has made the NCAA tourney one time, they have won 20 games twice (both times with Weber players), and have had losing records twice in the last 3 years.

And they had one of this board's favorite coaches for several of those years - Hall of Fame Groce.

He wasn't a choice at that time. His name came up when we hired Danny.

Afraid you misremember on this one. There was a ton of discussion about Groce in 2010. By 2014 he was already at Illinois.

Loyola-Chi / K-State is a pick 'em right now... And I'll be on the Loyola-Chi side.

I think Weber is easy to hate on due to his style of play... It sure as shit isn't fun to watch night in and night out. I can understand why fans would tire of it after a few years... Just feels like a huge struggle on offense if the shots aren't falling (or if they aren't playing Wake Forest's defense from last season).

Not to mention K-State will be playing Loyola of Chicago.

Afraid you misremember on this one. There was a ton of discussion about Groce in 2010. By 2014 he was already at Illinois.

You are correct. He had one ONE NCAA game and nothing else. He hadn't proven anything. And he failed at IL.

You are correct. He had one ONE NCAA game and nothing else. He hadn't proven anything. And he failed at IL.

Yet would have been a vastly better hire than [Redacted].

Who was your guy in 2010? I don't remember.

I liked Groce and Mooney. We probably would have fired either one of them by now.

Loyola-Chi / K-State is a pick 'em right now... And I'll be on the Loyola-Chi side.

I think Weber is easy to hate on due to his style of play... It sure as shit isn't fun to watch night in and night out. I can understand why fans would tire of it after a few years... Just feels like a huge struggle on offense if the shots aren't falling (or if they aren't playing Wake Forest's defense from last season).

Winning is more fun to watch than losing.

Lutz is a joke...he seemingly put his name in for every job in the country for several years.

Lutz is a joke...he seemingly put his name in for every job in the country for several years.

If you didn't have a better backup name than Groce, maybe you should stop bashing Groce and those who supported him back in the day.

Back