• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Wrangor, wait until close to game time or even a minute or two into it. Prices will go down as scalpers don't want to be stuck with tix.

Yeah. That’s the plan. But if a Wake guy had a ticket I’d probably just do that.

We did it for the 81 finals. The cold really helped us get good prices.

Have fun!!!!

Anyone down in San Antonio with some tickets? I made the trip down with a friend for tonight. Planning on scalping close to game time but figured I’d ask.

I don’t have any extras. I’ve seen plenty of folks selling down on the riverwalk... I don’t mean actual scalpers (though I’ve seen them, too). I mean Michigan folks.

There are a ton of Michigan people here. More than Nova, for sure. Lots of Kansas folks stuck around, too. Have only seen a couple of Loyola shirts.

I think you’ll be fine.

Not applicable for tonight, but I heard they weren’t checking tickets for the Nova/Kansas game on Saturday. My buddy (Michigan fan) left to get booze in between games and walked right back in early in the nightcap. Seems crazy in this day and age.

Yeah. That’s the plan. But if a Wake guy had a ticket I’d probably just do that.

Look for people wearing gear from Saturday's losing teams.

C heck out bars near the venue.

Stub Hub has uppers for $60. Are you trying to do better than that, Wrangor?

A national championship on TBS? Woof.

A lot of posters poo-poo’d Jay Wright back in the day as well. Nova hired him the same time we hired Skip.

Michigan's offense is poo poo.

Michigan's offense is poo poo.

Yup. So much 1on1.

Nova’s has looked shitty, too. 2 assists in the half. Michigan really guarding the perimeter.

Feels like a game that is going to get ugly in the 2nd half once Nova’s offense gets clicking.

Nova missed at least 4-6 layups.

Divencenzo is a helluva player. He's a better version of Nova's broadcaster Whitey Rigsby. Whitey was a 6'4 guard who could jump out of the building and was always moving.

There used to be a court in Alumni Hall in the middle of the campus at Nova. We played with Whitey a bunch. I'd just nod. He'd fake like he was coming to the ball and spin to the rack. I'd just throw up there and he'd dunk it.

Every once in a while, I throw one way too high on purpose and he'd laugh.

Jay Wright went two for one with 40 sec left in the half.

A lot of posters poo-poo’d Jay Wright back in the day as well. Nova hired him the same time we hired Skip.

I don’t remember Jay Wright ever being mentioned for the Wake job when Odom left. His name came up in later coaching searches but the main arguments were about whether he would leave Villanova for
Wake. Those saying he wasn’t a realistic target were correct in my opinion.

Jay Wright went two for one with 40 sec left in the half.

And the clock doesn't stop on made shots in college in the 1st half (like it does at the end of each quarter in the NBA). Ballsy play, especially with Brunson letting the ball roll up to halfcourt and immediately picking it up and draining a 24 footer.

Back