• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Thread

Nova won every game in the Big East Tournament and NCAA Tournament by double digits. Closest game was beating Providence by 10 for the Big East Championship.

Shocking that Grant Hill is the first dook player to make the basketball hall of fame.

Highest scoring team does just that as they win by 17.

Top 3 offense beats top 3 defense.

Champions played home games in Wells Fargo Center in Philly.

Wright is reloading with Quinnerly and Swider. I doubt Spellman will go pro.

That was a weak One Shining Moment. It was a standard highlight package with a few of the typical beats at the end. Too many dunks, not enough emotion.

I’d love to see the premium chat where Deman led us to believe Wake was hiring a star like Billy Donovan to be shook when Jeff Goodman broke Wake’s interest in [Redacted].

The same thing happened with Donovan and NC State on their next search. I always wondered if Donovan’s agent actually pretended to be interested in our job to get more money out of Florida or if that whole fiasco was just based on wishful thinking. It seemed crazy to me that an established coach would want to make a change like that unless you’re in a situation where you’re likely to be fired the following year.

My biggest takeaway from spending some time in San Antonio has been that Wake Forest is completely irrelevant right now.

Not surprising, I know.

But at least in my social circle, I’m known as the guy who went to Wake Forest and gives a shit about their athletics.

Here, among strangers in San Antonio, it was a lot of, “I remember when you guys had Chris Paul. What happened since then?”

So painful.

We spend so much time on here discussing the nuances and intricacies of it, but nobody else could tell you anything about Wake over the last 10+ years.

I felt ashamed saying, “We had some success after CP3... We were #1 in the country for a week when we had Teague, Aminu, and Johnson” like it actually mattered to anyone.

It’s sad. I’m sad.

Yeah. I had that conversation a few times, most recently while watching the Final Four games. It's always fun to throw in "Danny Manning's our head coach now" and watch the confusion on their faces.

My biggest takeaway from spending some time in San Antonio has been that Wake Forest is completely irrelevant right now.

Not surprising, I know.

But at least in my social circle, I’m known as the guy who went to Wake Forest and gives a shit about their athletics.

Here, among strangers in San Antonio, it was a lot of, “I remember when you guys had Chris Paul. What happened since then?”

So painful.

We spend so much time on here discussing the nuances and intricacies of it, but nobody else could tell you anything about Wake over the last 10+ years.

I felt ashamed saying, “We had some success after CP3... We were #1 in the country for a week when we had Teague, Aminu, and Johnson” like it actually mattered to anyone.

It’s sad. I’m sad.
You're telling me college bball regulars don't know Wake went to the First 4 (!!!) in Year 3 of Manning?!?

Yeah. I had that conversation a few times, most recently while watching the Final Four games. It's always fun to throw in "Danny Manning's our head coach now" and watch the confusion on their faces.

Yup.

It’s especially humbling to have that conversation with someone whose team is about to win their second natty in three years.

A program we could claim was similar to ours 15 years ago.

A program we could claim was similar to ours 15 years ago.

More revisionist history or bad memory. Villanova won the national title in 1985, over 30 years ago.

Wake was busy firing their second winningest coach at the time.

More revisionist history or bad memory. Villanova won the national title in 1985, over 30 years ago.

Wake was busy firing their second winningest coach at the time.

bkf, is that you?

Back