• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

If that is true, the next FSU coach would be walking in to an unbelievable situation. Would be interesting to see what Jimbo would be offered because that new extension is $4.5 base with bonuses built in.

If its Jimbo, where do the 'Noles turn to especially if they are Nat'l Champs and their coach leaves? That's hard to write much less believe.

If its Jimbo, where do the 'Noles turn to especially if they are Nat'l Champs and their coach leaves? That's hard to write much less believe.

Pretty much anybody but Jimbo and a few others. They'll have their pick.

If that is true, the next FSU coach would be walking in to an unbelievable situation. Would be interesting to see what Jimbo would be offered because that new extension is $4.5 base with bonuses built in.

I really don't see why Jimbo would want to leave FSU. He has it all at FSU already with a program he has built plus the recruiting base everybody wants to get into. No matter the money that Texas or FSU have, why go to Texas to build another program when he has it at FSU? Same as Saban.

Pretty much anybody but Jimbo and a few others. They'll have their pick.

Well if its Jimbo and he passes after Saban (whether he was ever offered or not, we'll never know), what do they get their pick of? This is beginning to look like an NCSU basketball search where the ended up with Sidney Lowe.

I think if Jimbo leaves (which I don't think he will), Kirby Smart will be FSU's top target

Franklin is going to have to do something soon before he gets stuck like Dan Mullen.

Getting Franklin out of Vandy is a net positive for Wake. Just getting a direct competitor off the recruiting trail would help Clawson immensely and I don't believe Vandy replaces Franklin with a recruiter of the same quality.

I think Franklin at least interviews for some NFL jobs due to the minority hire rule. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Tampa Bay or Cleveland. But even if the NFL passes on him, then the domino effect from the Texas and PennState jobs likely has him heading elsewhere.

I think if Jimbo leaves (which I don't think he will), Kirby Smart will be FSU's top target

Not sure about that. Smart was a grad assistant at FSU, but he has zero head coaching experience. Muschamp, who was thought of among the best coodinators in college football, has flopped at Florida. Also, Saban spends a lot of time with the Bama defense; so, not so sure how much of the defensive credit goes to Smart v. Saban. Smart will be a candidate, but FSU would consider a lot of strong candidates.

Jimbo Fisher, who was thought of among the best coordinators in college football, has Florida State in the BCS Championship game.

It goes both ways. It's funny that Muschamp becomes this OMG cautionary tale even though we're all going to watch two guys who were OCs only a few years ago coach in the BCS Championship next week.

Jimbo Fisher, who was thought of among the best coordinators in college football, has Florida State in the BCS Championship game.

It goes both ways. It's funny that Muschamp becomes this OMG cautionary tale even though we're all going to watch two guys who were OCs only a few years ago coach in the BCS Championship next week.

yup. Smart has an FSU degree, has been with Saban every step since LSU and depending who leaves early this year will walk into one of the most talented teams in the country. Muschamp inherited a team that wasn't all that talented and screwed up on hiring assistants.

Yeah people keep forgetting why Urban quit Florida. His team was becoming a dumpster fire, and he knew it. Hell he even tried to quit the year before.

Which is also why he is a huge fucking hack.

Reactions: BDL
Getting Franklin out of Vandy is a net positive for Wake. Just getting a direct competitor off the recruiting trail would help Clawson immensely and I don't believe Vandy replaces Franklin with a recruiter of the same quality.

I think Franklin at least interviews for some NFL jobs due to the minority hire rule. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up in Tampa Bay or Cleveland. But even if the NFL passes on him, then the domino effect from the Texas and PennState jobs likely has him heading elsewhere.

no way Tampa takes a college coach with its next hire

Pilch's point about who controls the defense at Bama is valid. I wouldn't hire him if I was FSU. I think when Smart gets his chance it will be somewhere like USCjr after Spurrier goes.

Not sure about that. Smart was a grad assistant at FSU, but he has zero head coaching experience. Muschamp, who was thought of among the best coodinators in college football, has flopped at Florida. Also, Saban spends a lot of time with the Bama defense; so, not so sure how much of the defensive credit goes to Smart v. Saban. Smart will be a candidate, but FSU would consider a lot of strong candidates.

Kind of grey area since Louisville is joining the conference, but Strong would make a lot of sense at FSU given his Florida ties.

Anyone watching Jason Garrett now? Holy hell this guy must have taken presser lessons from [Redacted]. Terrible terrible answers. Mind blowing he's the head coach of that franchise. But hell, I'm not complaining.

Wtf someone out of PSU is reporting O'Brien got fired. He gets a bonus if he's retained tomorrow. Not sure what this means for his buyout. Seems pretty dumb.

Diddle kids? Keep job.

Linked to NFL job? Fired.

Penn State logic.

Back