• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

UCONN: A source tells CoachingSearch.com that UCONN does indeed have interest in Ball State head coach Pete Lembo.

I will not be happy if BSU loses Lembo to a school other than WFU.

This one is for Brews:

One thing that is certain: Will Muschamp is not a stats guys. Feel for the game, winning, and staff chemistry will be critical factors in this search.

UCONN: A source tells CoachingSearch.com that UCONN does indeed have interest in Ball State head coach Pete Lembo.

I will not be happy if BSU loses Lembo to a school other than WFU.

They're also interviewing Bud Foster.

You have to be wanting to replace a coach to have a coaching search and we couldn't be happier with our current coaches, Oh Heavens yes!!!!!

Is Cutcliffe too old to be looking to go elsewhere?

Can't imagine that he'd want to stay and continue to coach at Wallace Wade Track and Field Stadium now that he's taken dook to the precipice of the worst beating in the history of the ACC CG. :tard:

Is Cutcliffe too old to be looking to go elsewhere?

Can't imagine that he'd want to stay and continue to coach at Wallace Wade Track and Field Stadium now that he's taken dook to the precipice of the worst beating in the history of the ACC CG. :tard:

Actually I think he does. One, Duke is putting more emphasis on football, they're getting an indoor practice facility and will be making upgrades to the stadium including removing the track. Two, I've heard him talk before about how he likes the atmosphere at Duke when it comes to football, more laid back, more family oriented atmosphere, etc. Remember, he had he experience as a head coach at a higher pressure SEC school in Ole Miss and he got canned after doing a good job. I'm sure he'll have opportunities after this year and maybe he does leave, but I think he probably stays. The key for him will be much like it was for Grobe, staying motivated and being able to retain and/or replace key assistants as they get opportunities.

^ Well, Duke seems to have a ton of money waiting to re-do the field, etc. And even with an unlikely bad record going forward, 5 years of security, even with a bad record, like Grobe just did.

Actually I think he does. One, Duke is putting more emphasis on football, they're getting an indoor practice facility and will be making upgrades to the stadium including removing the track. Two, I've heard him talk before about how he likes the atmosphere at Duke when it comes to football, more laid back, more family oriented atmosphere, etc. Remember, he had he experience as a head coach at a higher pressure SEC school in Ole Miss and he got canned after doing a good job. I'm sure he'll have opportunities after this year and maybe he does leave, but I think he probably stays. The key for him will be much like it was for Grobe, staying motivated and being able to retain and/or replace key assistants as they get opportunities.

This. Cut ain't going anywhere, IMO.

Cutt will translate this season into a nice retirement package. Just like Grobe did.

Cutt will translate this season into a nice retirement package. Just like Grobe did.

Well then let's hope he lays down like Grobe has done, otherwise we can look forward to dook's decade+ winning streak against us like Grobe once had against them.

Wyoming fired their coach
FAU fired their coach during the season
Miami (o) fired their coach during the season
Hawaii will likely fire their coach
Army's Rich Ellerson may be fired after the Navy game
Mack Brown will likely be fired/retire after the Baylor game

Will Muschamp (FLA), Charlie Weis (KS), Garrick McGhee (UAB), Dana Holgerson (WV) among others look like they will keep their jobs, but will fire assistant coaches.

Amazingly, it appears that mad man Bo Pelini will keep his job at Nebraska.

^ Well, Duke seems to have a ton of money waiting to re-do the field, etc. And even with an unlikely bad record going forward, 5 years of security, even with a bad record, like Grobe just did.

Right, so basically Cutcliffie is Jim Grobe circa 2006.

Back