• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Coaching Carousel

Sark? God they need to get over the Pete Carroll era already and bring in new blood

Steve Sarkisian to USC. Kind of shocking. He was doing good things at UW

I'm sure the Huskies love losing their coach to a conference foe. Oh well, that means Coach O is available, get it done Ron!!!!:thumbsup:

Really bad form for one conference school to hire away a head coach from another conference school. Low rent Auburn did it when they hired no class Tommy Tuberville from Ole Miss; should not be surprised that USC stooped to the same low-level.

I think he realizes that with VT's recent mediocrity that's he not going to just be handed the reigns once Beamer Ball ends. Probably time to make a move.

I was more commenting on the fact that after every year he seems to interview for two or three jobs and yet never takes them - at this point he's probably interviewed for more jobs than any other assistant coach in the ncaa.

The difference with Sark is that he came from USC. So Washington hired him away for a better job and now USC is doing the same.

I bet Washington does the same thing? Interviews Mora Jr.? Mora Jr. once said Washington was his dream job.. and may want to fix his image after the 1 year Seahawks Debacle.

I'd have to guess Peterson would be on their short list was well.

I think he realizes that with VT's recent mediocrity that's he not going to just be handed the reigns once Beamer Ball ends. Probably time to make a move.

Latest speculation from some VT fans I was talking to on Saturday is they think Beamer coaches another 3 years ago or so. And most Tech fans believe Foster isn't a candidate for their HC position due to some off field issues.

Grobe to the golf course! He probably made a deal to spread out the last years of his contract, so why work again.

That's fairly shocking.

I think Petterson probably figures if he is going to make a more to a BCS conference, now it the time. Boise State has fallen off just a little bit and better to strike while the iron is still fairly hot.

But he pulled himself out of USC.

Someone asked this on twitter and I actually had to think about it for a little bit. Better coaching job in the current NCAA realignment/playoff access environment: Wake or Boise State?

Initially thought Boise but it may slip without Peterson and Wake has a power conference ($, TV, playoff access) with a better recruiting location and no blue turf.

But he pulled himself out of USC.

Only hours before they announced Sarkisian. Probably they told him he was the guy so he withdrew.

They may have but the jury should be still out.

Yeah, time will tell. I think Petterson is a good coach, but he was put into a pretty good situation at Boise. Boise was pretty much the top dawg in their conference when he took over. At Washington he will tasked with getting that program into the top tier of the Pac 12, which can be done, Washington used to be a power.

Back