• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAT discussion (the end)

Amin is even more annoying on the bench than he is on the court.

This Clark guy for UVA is gonna be a pain in the ass for the next 3 years.

I really like Bennett but UVA plays tight in tournament games.

This group of UVA players really seems to be tight. Wouldn't necessarily say that about some of their players from 4-6 years ago. Guy and Hunter can't throw it in the ocean through 3 games and are shrinking. Jerome is their most clutch guy on this team. Fortunately for them, they still play great D. Oregon didn't get a single good look in the last 5:00.

This group of UVA players really seems to be tight. Wouldn't necessarily say that about some of their players from 4-6 years ago. Guy and Hunter can't throw it in the ocean through 3 games and are shrinking. Jerome is their most clutch guy on this team. Fortunately for them, they still play great D. Oregon didn't get a single good look in the last 5:00.

Guy is fun to watch play. But it is painful to watch him miss shot after shot from 3. Yet he is not throwing up bricks or air balls. His shots are for the most part on target but are not going in. IMHO, he needs to go to the basket more and get to the foul line. I don't recall a single free throw taken by Guy last night. Jerome and Clark saved UVA last night; but it will take more moving forward.

Purdue is heavily reliant on the 3 (40% of their offense comes on 3s). UVA is #2 in the nation in 3 PT defense; Purdue is #169. Think UVA will be able to limit Purdue's looks from behind the arc, and got to think that Ryan Cline will cool-off after the game of his life. Guy is not going to struggle for the entire tournament; he was shooting 43% for the season from 3 for the season coming into the NCAAs, and he is 3 for 26 (11.5%) in the NCAA games. He is due for a 5 for 7 from 3 game (and Purdue doesn't defend the 3 point line that well).

Purdue is a solid team: 17-3 in their last 20 -- all against Big 10 or NCAA teams, but UVA is better. FWIW, KP projects a 67-63 UVA win, giving Purdue a 34% chance to win -- no question that the Boilers have a legit shot.

Last edited:
Think UVA will be able to limit Purdue's looks from behind the arc, and got to think that Ryan Cline will cool-off after the game of his life.

I was pulling for Tennessee last night. There's no doubt in my mind Cline will follow up last night's 7-10 3pt effort with a 0-11 3pt performance in his next game.

I was pulling for Tennessee last night. There's no doubt in my mind Cline will follow up last night's 7-10 3pt effort with a 0-11 3pt performance in his next game.

Armstrong.jpg

If you're not supporting the Boilers, you are essentially rooting against America

Unfortunately, I do as well. But if Guy and Hunter show up for the 1st time in the tourney, I think UVA will win.

cville,

I'm married to a Boiler who is one of 25 or so in her family with a Purdue diploma. There are only two outliers, one of whom - my wife's youngest sister - is a Hoo.

Tomorrow night is going to be fun.

Without the push off Purdue gets hit with a five count. They were between 4-5 seconds when Cline inbounded the ball and Purdue had no timeouts left. If you're going to let 'em play, let 'em play.

Back