• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCSU Game Nov 11 2:00 CW

Making the 2 point conversion makes it a two possession game. It was a no brainer. Every coach in the world would make the same decision.

Ha ha ha. Like this offense was going to score again??

Hell, it was a lucky TD as Kern was surprised by the snap. Guess we'll take that we didn't get shut out.

I know Kern is a QB but I would bench him for not really trying to make that tackle. You are a football player, good grief!

And I didn't think this game could get more embarrassing AFTER we scored...
Oh stop. Seriously.

Again how does Santino still not get another try as only qb to move our offense?? 100 yds passing in 4th quarter and then nothing?? i don’t care what he looks like in practice as it is about results on the field and he is only one to remotely be a serviceable qb.

It will only get worse next year unfortunately. I hate it for clawson, but next year will be awful.

Clawson's record at Wake versus ACC opponents (as of 11/11/2023)
Notre Dame (0 - 3)
Clemson (0 - 10)
Pittsburgh (1 - 2)
Miami (0 - 0)
Georgia Tech (0 - 2)
Boston College (5 - 3)
Duke (4 - 5)
Florida State (3 - 6)
NC State (4 - 6)
Syracuse (5 - 4)
North Carolina (1 - 4)
Virginia (3 - 0)
Virginia Tech (2 - 2)
Louisville (3 - 6)

Clawson's overall record at Wake versus ACC opponents (as of 11/11/2023)
31 - 53
ACC Win % = 37%
ACC Loss % = 63%

The year is lost. I'll admit, I thought Griffis wasn't bad based on last year. He clearly can't be the guy going forward. Have to answer two questions:

1. How do you make this a one year issue, and not the start of a down period?
2. With the increased player movement, how do you keep your players in the program and avoid a mass exodus? Money can't be the sole answer here, because someone will always have more.

The year is lost. I'll admit, I thought Griffis wasn't bad based on last year. He clearly can't be the guy going forward. Have to answer two questions:

2. With the increased player movement, how do you keep your players in the program and avoid a mass exodus? Money can't be the sole answer here, because someone will always have more.
There’s no way in hell this is a one year issue. Wake is not Alabama or Ohio State, where you essentially field a new team every single year without missing a beat. This season will set us back at least 2-3 years IMHO. We don’t have a legit QB option for next year unless I am missing something. We will also be losing a good deal of talent in the portal, for various reasons, IMHO. Our depth and development takes a hit after the season. Time will tell if Clawson is here 2-3 years from now.

It’s tough, but you have to sell them on something, but I don’t know what that is. Let’s talk Banks, Morin and Greene for example. You can’t sell them on a QB, because that guy may not even be in the locker room right now. You can’t sell them on Wake WRs draft positions because Dortch, Sage and Scotty all went undrafted and AT was a 7th rounder. You can’t sell them on the system because the system didn’t work this year. You can’t sell them on the position coach because it’s not Higgins anymore. So really the only hope is outbid someone else.

Same... I was up at 6:00 AM (no idea why) I guess, excited for game day... I haven't had a chance to see the team in person so was looking forward to a beautiful day. Waited patiently until 10 to rally the Wake fans via texts and talk shit to my State fans that were going to be there. 11:30 tailgating and having a great time visiting with friends from each team. 1:45 Ran into the baseball team and former players - had a blast celebrating them! Fast forward to 2:30. Not the start we wanted, but plenty of time. 3:30 nervous... 3:45 - I think I knew the game was over and pissed at the effort and lack of fire from the team. 6:00 tired, frustrated, and dejected with the performance and trajectory of the season. 7:00 hopefully asleep.....

Back