• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neighbor building a fence in my yard

So sorry for the anti-climax (which sounds like something some of you say to your spouse on the weekend) but there you go.

Why? You actually think my wife is going to read this thread? Not all of us are Mett.

So in the end you didn’t have to pay for the new survey, but the neighbor wanted his own survey so he’ll be paying for one? AND you get to keep the gift card and movie tickets?

the-watch.jpg

It seems like these threads always end the same: no true resolution or explanation. Just ambiguous and disappointing. The story telling skills of the aspergers sufferer.

The American autism epidemic rages on.

The lack of a proclamation that the survey proves the stakes were moved is very telling. Sounds like someone exaggerated.

Dude lied about 3 inches.

Pos rep coming.

Stakes were moved.. Maybe not 3 feet, but closer to two. Sorry no picks with both sets of stakes. Was advised to let the surveyor pull any stakes on my property as he put in new stakes.

Stakes were moved.. Maybe not 3 feet, but closer to two. Sorry no picks with both sets of stakes. Was advised to let the surveyor pull any stakes on my property as he put in new stakes.

How did you ensure he will not just move them again?

So, was there some obvious reason he moved the stakes? There has to be some sort of reason...

I witnessed a hilarious fence-neighbor event a few years ago. My buddy's yard reaches way back into some woods to a sharp corner. That corner backs up to a house in an adjoining neighborhood - these houses are separated by the woods and face different streets so they don't even seem like neighbors. So my buddy decides to build a fence around his back yard. The fence builder starts with that corner and cements in the corner post. The way the property lines are, and the way the other guy had maintained his back yard, that post was essentially in the guy's back yard.

The next morning, that corner post, cement block at the bottom and all, is in my buddy's driveway. The other guy apparently got home from work, saw the post, assumed it was way off-line and in his yard, got pissed, dug it up (couldn't have been easy), loaded it into his truck (again, not easy) and deposited it on my buddy's driveway. My buddy didn't even bother contacting the guy - just told the fence company. The fence company went over and showed the guy the survey and had him pay to re-do that post. That had to hurt...

Maybe he should have walked over and had a chat first?

Back in the day my brothers and I along with two of our best friends decided to play Ninja Turtles on our neighbors fence when they were out of town. Did some pretty serious damage. Of course, if you ask me, two 8 year olds, two 6 year olds and a 4 year old able to do that much damage are either physically gifted or your fence is a piece of shit.

On the way home one of the 6 year olds was so scared of getting into trouble that he puked his guts out a couple of times on the way home. When he got home his mom asked what was wrong and he burst into tears and dropped the dime on all of us.

Back