• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

This is where I am as well. Would be thrilled with Forbes. Miller is an OK option if we strike out on a few higher profile candidates. All of my excitement about finally getting rid of Manning will be gone if we end up with Kelsey or Odom.

This.

We have the money for Beilein. Do we want a 3-5 year coach?

My guess is this is our list now that Shaka is not going to be let out of his cotnract:

1. Matta
2. Beilien
3. Forbes (most likely)
4. Kelsey
5. Miller

There is no way that wake is paying a $15 million buyout when they are asking coaches to take a pay cut with massive budget uncertainty.

Forbes and Miller both turned SoCon schools into top 75 teams the last couple years. I’m down there. I’m a no on Kelsey. I’m a hell no on Odom.

Explain to me the appeal of Kelsey. Decent run at a very low level D1 school. Several years at above average high D1 programs.

If he hadn’t been an assistant at Wake is he even in the conversation?

Can someone explain why you even need a consultant to help with the coaching search?

Also a quick google search shows he had at least some involvement in the 2019 Rutgers football search which was a mixed bag at best. However with how that played out who knows if it was the search that was the problem versus the school being, well, Rutgers.

Explain to me the appeal of Kelsey. Decent run at a very low level D1 school. Several years at above average high D1 programs.

If he hadn’t been an assistant at Wake is he even in the conversation?
Young, media savvy, Wake ties, and enthusiastic personality.
That's Kelsey.
Like everyone here though, I say pass.
He really needed to have taken that UMass job and done something there to earn anything beyond nepotism.

Lots of pressure on Currie. After 2 consecutive massive failures, this must be a home run hire. The honeymoon is likely to be brief.

I would be happy with Kelsey. The dude is just dynamic and he's young. Players love him. Word is he single-handedly bagged Farouq. He's got the "it" factor. Obviously something of a leap of faith since his record hasn't been completely stellar, but it wouldn't kill my excitement

Young, media savvy, Wake ties, and enthusiastic personality.
That's Kelsey.
Like everyone here though, I say pass.
He really needed to have taken that UMass job and done something there to earn anything beyond nepotism.

This is where I'm at with Kelsey. I follow him on Twitter and he's definitely what you stated. Now that the cards have been laid down,.....I'm a no on Kelsey.

Forbes has a big personality so after the last two that would be a positive change.

Back